Chana Daal Pulav – Flavorful and mildly spiced rice and Bengal gram pilaf
Chana daal pulav is a quick , delicious and flavorful one pot meal . This rice pulao is a specialty from Mughlai cuisine which is flavorful but mild flavors.
Chana daal and rice both are cooked first then tempered with whole spice s and yogurt and then simmered for a while so it will absorb all the flavors.
It is best served with yogurt,raita , chutney and papad no need for elaborate accompaniments for this flavourful pulao
Do try these Delicious Pulao Recipes –
you can subscribe to my youtube channel-Maayeka for new recipe videos every week
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook , Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Mughlai Chana Daal Pulav
Chana Daal Pulav-Flavorful and mildly spiced rice and bengal gram pilaf
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup Rice/chawal
- 3/4 cup Chana daal/bengal gram
- 1.5 tbsp Raisins / Kishmish
- 2 tbsp Cashew Nuts / Kaju optional
- 3 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi
- 2 slit Green chilies slit
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak sliced
- 2 tbsp Fresh coriander chopped
- to taste Salt-to taste
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 dried whole red chilies
- 2 Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- 4 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 4 Cloves/laung
- 10 Pepper corns/ sabut kali mirch
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- Wash and soak rice and chana daal separately for approx- 20 minutes
- Heat ghee and oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add the tempering spices and let them crackle.
- Now add green chilies (slit lengthwise),grated ginger,broken cashew nuts and the soaked chana daal(strain the water) in the pan.
- Saute for a minute and then add approx. 2.5 cup water and let it boil.
- When the water start boiling,cover the pan and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now add whisked yogurt,sliced ginger,raisins, salt and rice.
- Mix properly and then cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat till done.
- Can add some hot water if needed.
- Now add chopped fresh coriander and 2 tsp melted ghee and fluff with a fork.
- Serve hot with plain yogurt, boondi raita or curry
@Arundhati-yes you can also make this in pressure cooker.
ARUNDHATI CHATURVEDI says
Can this be cooked in pressure cooker as well. …
Wer SAHM says
healthy and tasty puloa… mild and perfect food for kids
Vimitha Anand says
Flavorful pulao Ji!!!
Archana Potdar says
Awesome pulao great click, Wish I was theer to eat it.
tempting clicks,looks so irresistible.
Amrita Vishal says
Lovely pulao in such a lovely vessel
Nilu A says
Never new about chana daal pulav.. Looks mouth-watering and yummy dear 🙂
Sangeetha Nambi says
Super flavored rice ! Love it !
Priti S says
pulao looks yum ..nicely done and lovely pic
its really really tempting.. i'm craving for it..
Sireesha Puppala says
A ahh love the sexy grains:) u have very well managed to retain its grainy shape which is the key for any pulav…tempting one
Sangeetha M says
wow…pulao looks truly tempting,sounds very easy & flavorful too..
Looks delightful n very tempting!! Lovely clicks and presentation
Kitchen Queen says
love the long grain, love about pulav when it has nice long rice. love boondi raita in the background too.
Rafeeda AR says
@Anonymous-add rice at step 7 ,mentioned in the post 🙂
When to add rice? It's looks yummy
Hamaree Rasoi says
Pulao looks simply awesome! Wish I was there to get a taste of it.
Delicious and flavorful rice.. Looks very inviting..
Gayathri Ramanan says
flavorful & nutritious dish..wonderful click