Chana Daal Pulav – Flavorful and mildly spiced rice and Bengal gram pilaf
Chana daal pulav is a quick , delicious and flavorful one pot meal . This rice pulao is a specialty from Mughlai cuisine which is flavorful but mild flavors.
Do try these Delicious Pulao Recipes –
you can subscribe to my youtube channel-Maayeka for new recipe videos every week
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Mughlai Chana Daal Pulav
- 1 cup Rice/chawal
- 3/4 cup Chana daal/bengal gram
- 1.5 tbsp Raisins / Kishmish
- 2 tbsp Cashew Nuts / Kaju optional
- 3 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi
- 2 slit Green chilies slit
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak sliced
- 2 tbsp Fresh coriander chopped
- to taste Salt-to taste
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 dried whole red chilies
- 2 Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- 4 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 4 Cloves/laung
- 10 Pepper corns/ sabut kali mirch
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- Wash and soak rice and chana daal separately for approx- 20 minutes
- Heat ghee and oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add the tempering spices and let them crackle.
- Now add green chilies (slit lengthwise),grated ginger,broken cashew nuts and the soaked chana daal(strain the water) in the pan.
- Saute for a minute and then add approx. 2.5 cup water and let it boil.
- When the water start boiling,cover the pan and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now add whisked yogurt,sliced ginger,raisins, salt and rice.
- Mix properly and then cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat till done.
- Can add some hot water if needed.
- Now add chopped fresh coriander and 2 tsp melted ghee and fluff with a fork.
- Serve hot with plain yogurt, boondi raita or curry