Adraki Palak Aloo Kabab- Healthy delicious Spinach and potato patties
Palak /Spinach is used in making many types of kababs, palak kababs are very popular among all the variety of kababs,I have bookmarked this adraki palak aloo kabab very long ago.It is a twisted version of palak kabab with a strong flavour of ginger so only few spices are added in it,all the ingredients are simple and easily available.
Bread crumbs are added to retain and hold the shape but you can also add soaked and squeezed bread instead of bread crumbs,addition of cinnamon powder ,coriander seeds and mango powder make it flavourful and delicious.Shallow fry these kababs in ghee or oil and serve with tomato ketchup or tamarind chutney.
I have also posted the famous spinach kabab-Hara Bhara Kabab
Adraki Palak Aloo Kabab
- 2 (1.5 cup) Potatoes / Aloo boiled
- 2 cups Spinach / Palak chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 1 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Seeds / Sabut Dhaniya
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes / Kuti Lal Mirch OR Lal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- a pinch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil plus to shallow fry
- 5 tbsp Bread Crumbs, Dried
- Wash and chop spinach finely .
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and ginger,saute till cumin become golden.
- Add chopped green chilies,coriander seeds and chopped spinach.
- Saute on high flame till spinach become soft and all the moisture dries up.
- Add chili flakes, mango powder and cinnamon powder and mix.
- Now take out the mixture in a plate and let it cool down completely.
- Add mashed potatoes,salt and 3 tbsp bread crumbs in the spinach mixture.
- Mix and mash well.
- Grease your palms with little oil and shape the mixture in round kabab/patties.
- Dip the kababs in dry bread crumbs and keep aside.
- Heat about 4 tbsps of oil or ghee in a non stick pan and add the kababs.
- Shallow fry on medium heat from both sides till golden and crisp.
- Drain on a paper napkin and serve hot.
You can brush them with little oil and bake in an oven on high heat or grill them.