Coconut Rose Modak- Stuffed sweet Dumplings made with coconut and condensed milk
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Coconut Rose Modak
- 3 cup Desiccated coconut/Nariyal ka boora or burada
- 1 tin Condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Milk powder
- 1/3 tsp Saffron / Kesar
- 3.5 tbsp Gulkand / rose petal preserve
- 3 tbsp Desiccated coconut /sookha nariyal
- 12 Almonds / Badam chopped
- 1/3 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- In a big bowl add desiccated coconut, condensed milk, milk powder and mix and mash well.
- In a separate bowl add all the ingredients of filling and mix and mash wall.
- Mix saffron with little water and crush to make a paste.
- Now grease a modak mould and stuff the mixture and press it on all the sides of the mould.
- Make a small ball from the stuffing mixture and stuff it in the centre of the modak.
- Apply some mixture from the condensed milk mixture at the bottom of the modak and press tightly.
- Now carefully remove the modak from the mould.
- Apply some saffron mixture on the top of modaks.
- Now offer these easy and delicious modaks to lord Ganesha!
1-You may need around-3 to 3.5 cup of desiccated coconut,remember that the mixture should not be sticky, it should be like a dough.
2-Milk powder is added to give some body to the dough and reduce stickiness.
3-If want to avoid stuffing then you can add the gulkand to the dough itself and shape in modak or laddoo.