Gobhi ,gajar ,shalgum ka achar- A very popular and delicious seasonal mix vegetable pickle of Delhi and Punjab(India)
Gobhi gajar aur shalgum ka achar taste best when its fresh so try to make in small batches.
- Green chili pickle ,
- Methi ki launji
- Gajar ki kanji
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Gobhi, Gajar aur Shalgum ka Achar / Punjabi Mix Vegetable Pickle
- 500 grams Cauliflower /phool gobhi
- 500 grams Turnip / Shalgum
- 500 grams Carrot / Gajar
- 400 ml White Vinegar / Sirka
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 300 grams Jaggary / Gud *
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 4 tbsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 150 grams Ginger / Adrak
- 4 tbsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methidana
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 2 tbsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 600 ml Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 4 tbsp Garam Masala (whole) *listed in the notes
- Seperate the florets from cauliflower and peel and chop turnip and carrots in baton shape.*
- Grind garam masala ( 6 black cardamom,12 small cardamom,1.5 t.s black pepper,1/2 t.s cloves,1.5 t.s cumin,1/2 t.s cinnamon OR use readymade garam masala. ) fenugreek seeds ,fennel and mustard seeds coarsely,and peel and grate the ginger.
- Boil enough water in a pan,add 1 tbls salt add cauliflower florets and boil for a minute ,
- Now add turnip and carrots and boil for one more minute.drain and spread on a towel to absorb the moisture.
- Keep in sunlight for atleast 8 hours,or,till all the extra moisture dries up completely.(this step is important as moisture can spoil the pickle)
- Take mustard oil in a pan and heat very well.remove pan from heat and then let it cool down slightly.
- Then add grated ginger, fry for few seconds and then add asafoetida,red chilli powder,turmeric,salt and all the spices and stir.
- Add the vegetables in this pan and mix well till vegetables get well coated with masala.
- Heat vinegar in a seperate pan,when it start boiling add crushed jaggery,and stir and mix,cook till jaggary dissolves completely
- Let it cool a bit and then add it into the vegetables.mix well.
- Transfer the pickle in a sterlized jar ,cover and keep in sunlight for 3 days.
- Now your pickle is ready to eat.