Sooji Toast -A quick and filling snack made with bread ,vegetable and semolina
Sooji toast is a an easy ,quick and filling breakfast. I eat it at a friends house and then I prepared for my kids and they both loved it .I usually prepare this for their lunch box, it stays good even after few hours and did’t turn soggy.You can use their favourite vegetable like corn ,mushroom,carrots etc
Sooji /semolina is very light to digest and lots of vegetables and yougurt are added in this sooji toast so it is healthy and easy to digest snack .I have used oil to roast the bread but you can also use ghee or butter instead.
Kids love any thing made with bread –
- Mumbai style grilled potato sandwich,
- Chili cheese toast,
- Dahi sandwichs.
- Bread Dahivada
- Bread rolls
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
- 3 tbsp Semolina / Sooji
- 3 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi
- 3 tbsp Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Tomatoes / Tamatar Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1/3 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 4 Bread Slices
- 4 tsp Cooking Oil
- Add sooji,yogurt ,salt,chili,tomato and capsicum in a bowl and mix well.
- Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.can add some water if the mixture is too thick too spread.
- Spread the sooji mixture on one side of the bread.
- Heat a tawa/ non stick pan and spread about a 1 tsp oil over it .
- Now put the bread slice over the tawa with the stuffing side facing down ward.
- Press gently and cook on medium heat till it become golden.
- Now spread some oil on the top side of the bread and then flip it over.
- Cook it till the bread turn golden and crisp.
- Repeat the process with other bread slices .
- Now remove the bread slice from the griddle and slice into two triangle pieces.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or any tangy dip of your choice.