Amrood Chutney -A tangy dip made with guava and mint
Amrood Chutney- Guava or amrood is a very popular fruit in Most of the Asian countries .It is available in most of the seasons. Guava is very easily available and a reasonably priced fruit in India. It is not only eaten as a fruit but to many dishes ,curries, Jam ,jellies ,candies etc. can also be made with Guava.
Though it is low cost fruit but is packed with many nutrients.It is very good to help lowering High blood pressure as it contains same quantity of potassium as compared to bananas.
It is Very good for heart health. Rich is Vitamin C and loaded with antioxidants. Also contains Folate which helps to promote fertility. It boost the immunity and is a diabetic friendly fruit. It is a very good source of fiber so treats constipation.
Last week I brought some guavas and some are still lying in my kitchen so tried this amrood chutney with mint which turns out really delicious. As summers have started and it is very good to consume mint during summers so do try to use mint in your diet –
Do Try These Delicious Chutney Recipes-
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook , Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Amrood ki Chutney
- 1 Guava /amrood
- 1 cup Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina tightly packed
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya tightly packed
- 1 tbsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1/3 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- Pinch of Asafoetida / Hing powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- Wash mint and coriander with enough water and chop roughly.
- Remove the hard seeds from guava and chop into small pieces.
- Add all the ingredients in the mixer jar and then add about 3-4 tbsp of water.
- Grind to make a smooth paste.
- Check the seasoning and then remove from the mixer jar.
- Stays well in the refrigerator for about a week.
- Serve with any snack or as a side dish with your meal.
Aanchal Mehta says
Nice recipe.Guava is rich in antioxidants and nutrients which are good for health.Mint is useful to improve digestion.Thanks for sharing such a healthy recipe.
Dhanya Samuel says
Very interesting combination of flavours