Rajkot Chutney- a very popular and delicious chutney made with peanuts and fresh green chilies
Rajkot Chutney is a very popular chutney from the city of Rajkot. It is a very easy and quick chutney which is made with just few ingredients available in the kitchen. This chutney can be served with any snack, Papdi , gathiya , sandwich dhokla, Mathri , Choraphali or you can also spread it on bread or sandwich. I love it as a side dish with stuffed Aloo parathas and daal chawal .
This chutney is so famous in the city of Rajkot that it is exported from there to other cities and countries. Nimbu Phool/ tatri/citric acid crystals are added in this chutney for a long shelf life . While grinding some cooking oil is added instead of water so it will stay fresh longer but this is optional . It is ground into a slight coarse and thick paste .
When you want to use this rajkot chutney then take the required quantity and add some water to dilute it. It is also a very good chutney to carry for picnics and while travelling as it have a good shelf life.
But if you are making rajkot chutney for yourself then instead of nimbu phool/tatri use lemon juice . you can make it coarse and thick or soft and smooth as per your wish. Raw peanuts are used to make this chutney ,no need to roast or to remove the skin of peanuts. Use mildly hot chilies to add in this chutney.
if you love to try new chutney recipes then try these-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
How To Make Rajkot Chutney
- 1/2 cup Peanuts / Moongphali
- 1/2 cup Green chilies
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras check notes
- to taste salt
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 5 tbsp Water / Paani
- Wash and chop green chilies into medium size pieces.
- Take a mixer kjar and add all the ingredients and add about 5 tbsp of water and grind to make a semi thick coarse paste.
- Add some more water if needed, but don't make it too thin.
- Remove the chutney from the mixer jar and store in a glass or plastic container.
- Keep refrigerated for a long shelf life.
- Easily stays fresh for more then a month in the refrigerator.
- Serve with any snack, bread or as a side dish with your meal.