Dhaniya Panjiri- a very healthy,nutritious sweet made with Ghee roasted coriander powder, nuts and powdered sugar
Dhaniya panjiri is often made on festival ,pooja or any auspicious occasion .The recipe is quite easy and simple as you need just few easily available ingredients and then roast the whole coriander or use powdered coriander/ dhaniya and then roast it in pure ghee till it turn fragrant and when it cool down slightly then add powdered sugar or boora and lots of dry fruits .
Janmastmai is a Religious celebration so whole day so many dishes are made and offered to lord krishna as Naivadhya and then at mid night the birth of Krishna is celebrated with pooja , bhajan and Panchamrit snan and then Naivadhya or prashad is offered to krishna kanhaiya and then it is distributed among the devotes and to the family members
Dhaniya Panjiri is a must for the prashad for Krishna Janmashtami pooja . Most of the temple distribute this dhaniya panjiri as prashad on this day . My mother also make this dhaniya panjiri and Mewa paag on every Janmashatmai along with so many other falahari dishes like this- Rajgiri poori , Sabudana khichdi , Sama aur aloo ki tikki and Aam papad ki chutney to serve along these snacks .
This Dhaniya panjiri is healthy and nutritious so you can also have it when ever you wish to have some thing sweet . This is also good for lactating mothers and a very good post natal food.
You can also try these fasting recipes-
- Sabudana Vada
- Samak and Potato Tikki
- Sabudana Thalipeth
- Phool Makhna Kheer
- Paneer Kheer
- Kuttu aloo pakoda
Dhaniya Ki Panjiri Recipe , How To Make Dhaniya Ki Panjiri
- 1/2 cup Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/2 cup Foxnuts / Phool Makhana
- 1/4 cup Dry coconut grated
- 2 tsp Melon Seeds / Magaz / Kharbooje Ke Beej
- 10 Almonds / Badam
- 4 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1/3 cup Boora/ powdered sugar
- Heat a heavy bottom pana nd add the melon seedsand stir on low heat till they start to crackle,remove and keep aside.
- add ghee in the pan and add the almonds and roast on low heat till they start to crackle,remove from the pan,.
- Now add the makhana and roast for 2-3 minutes till they become crisp ,remove and keep aside
- Now coarsely pound the makhana and almond in the mortar and pestle
- Now add the 2 tbsp ghee and roast the dhaniya powder on low heat till it start giving a nice aroma and turn darker in colour. Now emove from the pan
- After 2-3 minutes mix the roasted dhaniya powder ,powdered sugar or boora , makhana,melon seeds and almonds and mix well.
- Store in air tight jar , stays well for 10 days at room temperature.