Harira/ Gud Ki Path- a very healthy and Nutritious recipe for the new mothers to have after delivery
Harira is a very healthy recipe for the new mothers to give after delivery .It Is a very old treasured post partum recipe which is given to all women after delivery in my community. In fact its a heirloom recipe passed through generations . Harira have all the ingredients which are good for the health of new mother to recover soon and gain strength and energy . This Harira recipe is also very easy and quick to make so you can easily make and serve it in the morning.
The best time to drink harira is before having breakfast but you can also have this twice a day.its a simple recipe – just boil water with jaggary till it melts,add good quantity of crushed nuts ,the kevka spice mix,which is also good for lactating mothers(I have posted the recipe of keoka mix in my blog) and good amount of desi ghee . Harira gives warmth and energy to the body and helps the body to recover soon. Don’t worry about the quantity of ghee added in it as the The kevka spice mix helps to digest the ghee and nuts in the harira.
This Harira Recipe is not only good for new mothers after delivery but it is also a great winter drink. Anybody can have it during the cold winter season. It is very good to give warmth, energy and nourishment to the body.
Check few more Post natal recipes in my blog- Badam Ka Halwa , Saunth Gur Ki Goli, Date and Almond Milk , Pachak Aloe Vera Ki Ajwain, Sprouted Dana Methi Ki Sabzi , Dhaniya Panjiri , Sukhdi , Gond Nariyal Ki Panjiri
Harira/ Gud ki path - Post Natal Food
- 1 cup Water / Paani 235 ml
- 20 Almonds / Badam
- 10 Pistachio / Pista
- 10 Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 5 tbsp Jaggary / Gud * grated
- 2 tbsp keoka spice mix *
- 4 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 8 threads Saffron / Kesar optional
- Coarsely crush or slice almonds, pista and cashews and keep aside(you can roast the nuts in a tsp of ghee if you wish ,but this is optional)
- Take a small pan and add water, jaggary and saffron and cook till the jaggary melts and mix completely in the water.(approx 1 minute)
- Now add the kevka spice mix and the crushed nuts in the water and give it a boil.
- Now add ghee in it and mix well,just give it a boil.
- Serve immediately.
- Drink it like a hot soup before breakfast.
- For the recipe of keoka Mix, Click this link - keoka spice mix
- You can adjust the quantity and variety of dry fruits in it ,but almonds are must in this preparation.
- You can also add roasted fox nuts/ Phool Makhana, dried grated coconut and melon seeds in it.