Gond ki panjiri
Gond ki Panjiri- During winter we all make different types of dry fruit preparations ,which are often referred as -vasana in Gujarat. Ghee, dry fruits and spices which gives warmth and nourishment to our body are usually consumed during winters because in summer our digestive system cant easily digest so much heavy and hot food.
All types of dry fruits , peanuts ,Jaggary, ghee ,saunth , gum are used in the making of different types of winter special barfi and ladoos. Dried ginger /saunth , pepper powder ,cloves ,cinnamon, mace ,saffron are good to consume during winters as they give warmth to the body and are good to cure joint aches ,cough ,cold etc.
Gond is a edible gum and used to make ladoo ,panjiri ,paak, barfi etc.as it give warmth and strengthen the bones .It is also given to lactating mothers as a good post natal food. My aunt often makes gond ke laddoo which are very delicious but have a good amount of ghee in it so I tweaked the recipe a little to reduce the ghee and make gond and nariyal ki panjiri instead of ladoos. you can have about 2 -3 tbsp of this Gond ki panjiri with a glass of hot milk in the morning through out the winter season.
You can also try these delicious recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Gond Ki Panjiri, How to Make Gond Ki Panjiri
- 2 cup Dry coconut grated
- 1/2 cup Gond/Edible gum
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour/atta
- 2 cup Boora/ powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Almonds / Badam chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder / Saunth
- 1 tsp Ganthoda powder/ Peepramool
- 1 cup Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- Heat ghee in a pan and then fry the gum in batches till they puff up like popcorn's.
- Drain and keep the puffed gum in a big plate .
- Crush the gum with the back of a bowl .it will be slightly coarse .
- Dry roast the grated coconut with a tsp of ghee ,till it start getting a colour ,no need to make it golden brown in colour,slightly roasting is enough.
- Add the roasted coconut with the crushed gum.
- Now add about 2 tbsp of ghee in the pan and add wheat flour in it.
- Roast the wheat flour on low heat till it become golden brown and start giving a nice aroma ,you can add little more ghee if needed.
- When wheat flour get roasted then add it with gum and coconut.
- Add chopped almonds, saunth and ganthoda powder in the mixture.
- Let the mixture comes to room temperature .
- Now add boora or powdered sugar in it and mix well.
- When it cool down completely then store in a air tight jar.
- Coconut- use the whole dried coconut and grate it ,don't use the desiccated coconut for this preparation.
- The amount of ghee and almonds can be adjusted according to your preference.
- This is a very good winter food and a post Natal food.
- The puffed gum need not be to grind to make a fine powder ,coarsely crushed gum is fine.