Mooli Raita- A Delicious yogurt dip made with grated radish,walnuts and few basic spices.
Mooli ka raita is a very healthy ,delicious and quick yogurt dip recipe. During winter we get very nice,fresh and juicy radishes in the market. Though many don’t like radish due to its slight pungent taste and strong smell but it is a very healthy vegetable. It is a power house of potassium,Vitamin A,E,C and Fiber. Due to its fiber content it aids digestion. It also have anti congestive properties so helps to fight with cold and cough ailments during winter.
Eating Mooli boost Immunity and is full of anti oxidants. It helps to regulate blood pressure due to the presence of high Potassium. Radish is rich in water content and the presence of phosphorous and zinc helps the skin and get rid of dryness and acne. Radish is also very good to treat Jaundice as it is very good for liver health.
Mooli Raita is also very popular in Kashmiri cuisine. They add walnuts in the raita which gives a nice crunch to the raita. Kashmiri people don’t add tadka they just add cumin powder but I added a twist by adding cumin and mustard tadka. This Mooli raita can be served with any rice preaparation,paratha or rotis,goes well with every thing !
If you love making different Raitas then do try-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Kashmiri Mooli Raita, Radish Raita,
- 1.5 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 1.5 cup Radish/ Mooli grated
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 6 Walnuts / Akhrot
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Jeera
- 1/3 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/2 tsp Cooking oil or ghee
- Peel ,wash and grate the radish.
- Whisk the yogurt and add few tbsp of water if it is too thick.
- Add grated radish, chopped green chilies, chopped fresh coriander, chopped walnuts and salt in the yogurt and mix well
- Heat ghee or oil in a small pan and add cumin seds and mustard seeds and a whole red chili.
- When seeds start to crackle ,remove the pan from the heat and add the red chili powder.
- Pour the tempering over the curd and mix gently.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander and crushed walnuts.
- Serve chilled with any rice preparation or paratha or rotis.