Malai Dahi Bhindi- stir fried okra cooked in a delicious tangy creamy sauce
Malai Dahi Bhindi – I tried this delicious okra recipe with Abevia Milk Which is very creamy and delicious . I loved its rich taste and used in making tea and coffee . Later I tried in many recipes as an substitute of cream and milk and every time it gave very good results.
I usually makes stir fries or some times stuffed okras but never tried adding okra in any sort of gravy. So want to try making a rich curd and cream gravy okra curry for a get together. The curd gravy looks delicious but instead of milk i added some Abevia milk in the curry and it turn so rich and creamy.
Everyone loved the creamy tangy taste of the malai dahi bhindi and now it will become regular in my menu. I served this Malai dahi bhindi with naan and jeera rice but it will also go well with roti and plain boiled rice. Do try this once and you will love this
If Abevia evaporated milk is not available in your area then add double quantity of full fat milk or fresh cream instead of abevia. You will get similar result.#abeviamilk
You can also check these recipes-
- Lauki Moong Daal
- Aloo Parwal Sabzi
- Arbi Ki Bhujiya
- Microwave Mug Cake
- Chutney Pulao
- Tomato Rasam
- Lauki Ka Raita
You can subscribe to my youtube channel – Maayeka for delicious recipe videos
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Malai Dahi Bhindi
- 350 gms Okra /bhindi
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 1 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 1 cup Abevia Milk
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri chili powder
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Dried Fenugreek / Kasoori Methi
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- Wash and wipe bhindi/ okra and remove both ends.
- Now halway slit the okra from the center and check from inside and then chop into big pieces
- In a bowl add yogurt and all the dry spices and mix it well.
- In a pan heat 4 tbsp ghee or oil and saute the okra pieces on medium heat so they get a nice golden color and become semi cooked.
- Remove the bhindi in a plate.
- In the same pan add 3 tbsp oil and add 1 tsp cumin and 2 chopped green chilies and 2 chopped medium tomatoes .
- Add salt and turmeric , cover and cook till tomatoes become soft.
- Now mash the tomatoes with the ladle to make them smooth , now add the yogurt mix in the pan after lowering the heat.
- Keep stirring till it start boiling.
- Now add 1/2 cup Abevia milk or 1 cup full fat milk or 4 tbsp of fresh cream.
- Keep stirring to avoid curdling of the mixture.
- When it start boiling add kasoori methi and inch garam masala.
- Add the okra pieces , stir to mix and add around 1/2 to 1 cup water as per your choice of gravy.
- Cover and cook till the okra become soft and the gravy start releasing some oil around the sides of the pan.
- Serve Delicious Malai bhindi with paratha, Naan or Rice