Lauki Moong daal ki sabji – Bottle gourd cooked with yellow lentils,fresh herbs and mild spices.
It is easy and simple to cook and you can experiment and make a variety of dishes with this veggie .My family loves bottle gourd so I make variety of dishes with this.
Today I made this simple and easy lauki moong daal sabzi with fresh herbs and very little fat.The mild flavors and light on stomach curry is very good for summers.
I have also posted
- Kashmiri Doodhi Yakhni,
- Lauki mangodi Ki Sabzi
- Lauki ka raita
- Bharwa Karela
- Khatta Meetha Kaddu
- Lauki chana daal.
you can subscribe to my youtube channel- Maayeka for new recipe videos every week
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook , Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Lauki Moong Daal Ki Sabzi
- 700 gm Bottle gourd/ Lauki
- 1/4 cup Yellow lentil/ Moong ki daal
- 2.5 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric/ Haldi
- to Taste Salt
- 1 tsp Ginger/ Adrak chopped
- 4 tbsp Fresh coriander/ Hara dhaniya
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice/ Neebu rRas
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1.5 tbsp Ghee/ Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed/ Jeera
- 2 tsp Green Chili/ Hari Mirch
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida/ Hing
- 2 Dried whole red chilies
- Wash and soak moong daal/lentil in water for 10 minutes.
- Wash,peel and chop lauki/bottle gourd in medium size pieces.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pressure cooker,then add cumin seeds.
- As soon as seeds start crackling add all the ingredients of tempering.
- Stir fry till cumin become golden in colour.
- Now add soaked daal,chopped lauki, salt,turmeric and chili powder.
- Stir for few seconds and then add water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles on medium heat or cook till become soft.
- Open the cooker when cool down completely and add ginger and a pinch of sugar(can add some hot water to adjust the consistency according to your preference)) and give it a boil.
- Now remove the cooker from the flame and add lemon juice and chopped coriander in the curry
- Serve with roti or any Indian bread.
LAKSHMI BHATHENA says
This is Lakshmi Bhathena from New York.
This dish is so simple, so easy to prepare and so delicious !!!!
It was so “satisfying” to have this dish on a weekend with hot rice.
Thank you so much for this recipe.
I will definitely be trying more recipes from your blog :))
Anjana Chaturvedi says
Thank you Lakshmi. This recipe is a staple at our home when lauki is in season. The creaminess of the version makes it very different from most other ways lauki is cooked. I’m glad you liked it 🙂
perfect side dish and attractive color
Rani Vijoo says
Tempting dish….Looks delicious….yummy clicks too 🙂
Looks amazing ! Healthy one too…
healthy and very light dish.. perfect with roti..
Very inviting color 🙂 Looks delicious !!
Healthy and delicious dish.. Looks very comforting..
Nilu A says
Very delicious… And the colour is soo appetising.. Loved it dear… Perfect with plain rice 🙂
Sanoli Ghosh says
Dal looks very delightful and comfortable.
Sapana Behl says
A perfect dish with roti ..nice presentation.
Sangeetha Nambi says
Looks amazing ! Healthy one too…
bhawna bagri says
my family also loves lauki…first time here..Happy to follow you..
Pleasant and comfort dal. Nice clicks
Priya Suresh says
A beautiful pair for rotis, very delicious and droolworthy subzi.
very healthy & delicious,nutritious 🙂
Aara Shaikh says
lauki is my all time fav 🙂 I can just feel the taste thru pic <3