Amla ki khatti Meethi Launji – Delicious healthy winter special Indian Gooseberry Chutney/ Relish
Amla ki khatti Meethi Chutney or Launji- During winter we easily get good quality Amlas in the market. They are full of vitamin c , anti oxidant and many vitamins and minerals. It helps to cure from cold and have many more health benefits .
We have to make use of this super healthy fruit during the season. I have posted many recipes of amla in my blog and youtube channel- Maayeka.
This amla ki khatti meethi launji is a delicious chutney which is so easy and quick to make. This launji can be easily stored in the refrigerator for 2 months. Kids also enjoy eating this launji. Do this this chutney/ launji this season and you will surely love the taste of it.
For making launji we have to choose big size good quality, spot less fresh amlas. Then we will boil them , reemove the seeds and mash them. You can mash with a potato masher or use a vegetable chopper or else can chop finely with a knife, whats ever suits you can do that way.
The boiled and mashed amlas are then tempered in some ghee and few spices and jaggery is added in it, if you don’t like Jaggery then substitute jaggery with brown sugar / sugar or even date syrup can be added, Though the taste will be slight different with each type Of sweetener you add in it.
You can also check these winter special healthy recipes-
you can check my launji video for reference and subscribe to my youtube channel- Maayeka for new recipes every week
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Amla ki sweet chutney| Amla ki Khatti Meethi Launji
- 250 gms Amla /Indian Gooseberry
- 4 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch OPTIONAL
- 250 gms Jaggery OR sugar
- 1 cup Water / Paani
- 2 tbsp Ghee OR Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- to taste Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1/3 cup Raisins / Kishmish
- Wash amla and pressure cook with a cup of water for 3 whistles or cook in a pan till they are soft.
- When amla become soft then remove the seeds and separate the segments.
- Mash the boiled amla using either a potato masher, vegetable chopper or finely chop using a knife.
- Heat ghee or oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add fennel seeds and let it crackle, if you don't like the flavour of fennel then can use cumin seeds instead.
- when fennel seeds become golden then add the asafoetida and the chopped green chilies and stir to mix.
- Now add the mashed amla in the tempering/tadka and 3/4 cup water (use the water in which you boiled the amlas)
- Now add turmeric, chili powder, both the salts and mix.
- Add the grated jaggery and mix well
- Now cook the mixture on low heat, Keep stirring in between.
- We have to cook it till the jaggery melts and thicken like melted honey.
- It will thicken further when it cool down so don't over cook the mixture at this stage.
- Now add raisins and mix, switch off the heat and let it cool down completely.
- Store the chutney in a glass jar and keep refrigerated. It easily stays well for 2 months
- Enjoy this launji with daal-chawal , roti, parthas of your choice.