Chawal ke pakode- A perfect delicious snack recipe to use leftover rice
Chawal ke pakode is my favorite recipe to use the leftover rice. It is a simple yet delicious snack using leftover rice. The fritters turn very crisp and taste delicious hot or cold.
We often have leftover rice after lunch and dinner. Most of us just temper the rice with spices and make tadka wala rice. Today I am sharing my favorite recipe to use leftover steamed rice. You just need leftover rice, gram flour, yogurt , some fresh herbs and regular spices of your kitchen.
Rice Pakora Recipe- The Recipe is very simple . First of all mash the cooked rice with your hand to make it soft and smooth. Now add yogurt and besan. Then add chopped green chilies, ginger and fresh coriander and dry spices- salt, chili powder, pinch turmeric, crushed coriander seeds and cumin. Now mix and mash everything. Rest the mixture for few hours so it will turn slight sour in taste. But if you don’t have time to rest the mixture then you can also fry them immediately.
After few hours make small fritters in medium hot oil and fry till crisp and crunchy. These chawal ke pakode taste great with mint chutney, date chutney , ketchup and tea. These pakoda’s can be served as brunch and breakfast. Kids also loves these small crisp pakodas with ketchup. You can also pack these fritters in kids lunch boxes.
You can also add finely chopped vegetable in the rice mixture if you want but I prefer them simple with only besan and yogurt. These pakodas are crisp from outside and soft from inside. Nobody can guess that theses delicious pakodas are made with leftover rice. I always make these fritters when ever I have leftover rice.
You can also make these pakoda’s with vegetable pulao , just mash the pulao and follow the same recipe but do remember to remove the whole garam masala from the pulao before making pakodas.
You can also try these recipes-
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL – MAAYEKA FOR REGULAR UPDATES OF NEW RECIPES
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates.
Chawal Ke Pakode I Left Over Rice Fritters
- 1.25 cup Leftover cooked Rice
- 2 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi slight sour
- 4.5 tbsp Gram flour / Besan
- to taste Salt / Namak
- pinch of Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Seeds / Sabut Dhaniya crushed
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1.5 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak optional
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- to fry Cooking Oil
- In a big bowl add the cooked rice and mash with a spoon.
- Now add chopped green chili, ginger and fresh coriander and mix.
- Add gram flour and yogurt and all the dry spices and mix.
- The mixture at this stage should be medium thick , add some more gram flour if it turn soft.
- Let it rest for few hours but if you want you can make pakoda immediately.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Drop small pakoda's in hot oil and fry till golden and crisp on medium heat.
- Remove pakoda's from oil and drain on a tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve hot pakoda's with mint chutney or ketchupEnjoy !