Instant Sabudana Vada- A crisp and Instant sago fritter Recipe without soaking the sabudana
Instant Sabudana vada is a very quick snack recipe in which we don’t need to soak sabudana and no need of boiled potatoes either. It is instantly made in just 10 minutes without any pre preparation. You can make it for religious fast or for just any time snacking.
Usually when ever we want to make sabudana vada we have to soak sabudana for at least 5 hours minimum and also need boiled potatoes to mix in the vada mixture. But these vada’s are made instantly
First of all grind the dried sabudana in the mixer and make a fine powder and take out it in a bowl . Now peel and thinly chop the raw potato and grind in the mixer without adding any water and make a fine paste. Mix both and add the spices, green chili and ginger in it and add some water and make a medium thick paste and cover and let it rest for 5- 10 minutes.
Mix well and make small lemon size balls and keep aside. Deep fry the balls in hot oil till golden and crisp. Serve hot with any tangy dip of your choice. I served with vrat ki mint chutney and aam papad chutney.
You can check these recipes-
- Kuttu Ki Khichdi
- Vrat Ki Kadhi Chawal
- Batatyacha Kees
- Rajgiri Batata Vada
- Kuttu Dahi vada
- Paneer Kheer
Instant Sabudana Vada I Sago and Potato fritters I Navratri Recipe
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Pearls / Sago / Sabudana raw
- 2 medium Potatoes / Aloo raw
- 2 Green Chilies / Hari Mirch
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrak
- 1/3 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Sugar / Chini
- to taste Sendha Namak /Rock Salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/3 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch optional
- 2 tbsp Peanuts / Moongphali crushed
- to fry Cooking oil or ghee
- in a mixer jar grind the raw sabudana and make a fine powder.
- Take out te sabudana powder in a bowl.
- wash and peel the potatoes and chop into small pieces and then grind in the mixer jar and make a fine smooth paste, no need to add water while grinding.
- Now finely chop the green chilies or you can use green chili paste and grate the ginger. you can adjust the quantity of green chilies as per your tatse.
- Now add the potato paste in the sabudana powder and mix.
- Add green chilies, ginger, salt, cumin, sugar , fresh coriander, crushed peanuts and lemon juice in the mixture and mix.
- Instead of lemon juice you can use mango powder and skip what ever you don't consume in fast.
- Now add 1/2 cup water in the mixture and cover and let it rest for 5 -10 minutes so the sabudana soak the water and swell up.
- Now make small lemon size balls from the mixture and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep wide pan and add the balls in hot oil.
- let them cook for 2 minute's , till then don't touch the balls or stir with the spatula.
- when they get cooked slightly and hold the shape then stir gently and turn the sides and now lower the heat and cook on medium heat.
- Let them cook till golden and crisp and then drain out on a paper napkin.
- Serve hot with vrat ki green chutney or any tangy dip of your choice.