Instant Plum Chutney- Aloo bukhara ki chutney, No cook Recipe
Plum chutney- It often happens that whenever we brought a big bag of any fruit then only half are used and the remaining half kept lying in the refrigerator . Last week I also brought plums and they are still sitting in the refrigerator so I used them to make this delicious tangy chutney and served with stuffed Makki Aloo parathas and every ones loved this Plum Chutney .
I have already Posted a different recipe of Aloo bukhara Chutney ,which is cooked with sugar and spices and have a long shelf life. The recipe of Plum chutney I am posting today is an Instant recipe ,you just have to grind all the ingredients ,no cooking is required .Instant plum chutney stays fresh in the refrigerator for a week. If your plums are sweet then skip adding sugar and if they are tart then reduce the quantity of lemon juice, adjust according to your taste.The plums I have was quite blend so have added sugar and lemon juice both to give a nice tangy flavour.
I love making Chutney and pickles so makes different varieties of chutnies and pickles regularly with whatever I found sitting in my refrigerator :). I have posted many delicious chutnies made with Fruits – you can try the recipes of Ber Ki chutney, Kiwi Mint chutney, Pineapple and Bell Pepper Chutney , Apple Chutney , Ginger Chutney, Mixed Fruit Chutney, Amrood Ki Chutney
Instant Plum Chutney- No Cook Recipe
- 3 Plum/aloo bukhara
- 3 Green chili/hari mirch
- 20 Mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 2 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- salt to taste
- Wash and chop the plums and discard the Pit.
- Wash and chop green chilies and mint.
- In the mixer jar add all the ingredients and grind to make a smooth paste.(add 1-2 tbsp water if needed)
- Store in a glass jar and keep refrigerated.
- Use as a chutney,dip or spread. goes well with Indian or international recipes.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar and lemon juice according to the tartness or sweetness of the plums.
- Stays fresh for a week in the refrigerator.