Mango vermicelli halwa – A delicious dessert made with mango and vermicelli
Mango Vermicelli halwa is a delicious twist to the normal simple vermicelli. I have added some mango pulp to the cooked sweet vermicelli and it taste just awesiome, Try this mango halwa once and you will be making it regularly.
prep time-5 min
cooking time-10 min
- Vermicelli (sevai )-1 cup
- Mango pulp-1 cup
- Sugar-1 cup
- Milk-2 cup
- Ghee-1.5 tbls
- Saffron-few strands
- Cardamon powder-a pinch of (optional)
- Take a pan, add ghee when it become warm add vermicelli and roast to a nice golden colour ( use a fork to easily mix and roast the vermicelli. I have used Bambino vermicelli ,but can use any type of vermicelli)
- Add milk and cook on medium heat (keep stirring) till vermicelli got cooked and become soft.
- Now add mango pulp(choose mango of bright colour otherwise add saffron to get a nice colour) and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sugar and almonds and cook till it thickens.
- Now add cardamom powder and take out in a bowl .
- Garnish with chopped pista and saffron strands.
- Serve hot or cold.