Punjabi Dum aloo- Baby potatoes cooked in a rich creamy tomato sauce, seasoned mildly with Indian spices.
- Authentic Kashmiri Dum Aloo Recipe
- Beetroot Raita
- Paneer Bhurji
- Masala Hari Mirch
- Gajar Gobhi Shalgum ka Achar
- Punjabi kala Chana Masala
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Dum Aloo Masala Recipe
- 500 gm Baby Potatoes / Chhote Aloo approx 20
- 3.5 tsp Chana Masala
- 3.5 tsp Kashmiri chili powder – 3.5 tsp
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- 2 Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 3 tsp Coriander powder – 3 tsp
- 1.5 cup Tomato puree
- 3/4 cup Yoghurt-3/4 cup
- 3 tbsp fresh cream
- Parboil the potatoes, peel and prick them.
- Deep fry in hot oil OR shallow fry OR apply 1 t.s oil and bake in hot oven for 5-10 minutes. Then sprinkle pinch of black salt over them.
- Mix Kashmiri Chili Powder, Turmeric and Coriander Powder in 1/2 cup water and keep aside. (Paste A)
- Heat 3 tbsp ghee or oil in a pan, add bay leaves and asafoetida, then add tomato puree, stir fry for 1 minute then add chana masala, cream and curd.
- Keep stirring so that the masala does not curdle.
- Now add paste A and fried potatoes, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1.5 cups of water, salt, black salt and cover and cook for 2 minutes so potatoes get cooked properly.keep stirring in between. (If you want a thin gravy then add little more water)
- Add chopped fresh coriander and mix in.
- Garnish with 1 ts of fresh cream and serve hot.
- Serving Suggestions – Serve with Naan, Tandoori roti or Rice