Kashmiri apple chutney – A tangy chutney from the famous Indian state, Kashmir.
delicately with spices such as saffron, cardamom and nutmeg . Kashmiri cuisine is characterized by a generous use of yogurt and nuts.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Kashmiri Apple and Raw Mango Chutney
- 2 Red apples 350 gms
- 2 Raw Mango / Kachcha Aam 350 gms
- 25 gm Ginger sliced
- 1 inch Cinnamon – 1 inch
- 1 cup Sugar / Chini
- 25 Raisins / Kishmish
- 10 Almonds / Badam
- 10 threads Saffron / Kesar
- 1.5 tsp Salt / Namak
- 3/4 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar / Sirka
- 1/2 cup Water / Paani
- Peel and chop raw mango and apples.
- Soak saffron in 1 tsp warm water.
- Take 1/2 cup water in a pan and add ginger, apples, mango and cinnamon to it. Cover and cook on slow flame till the water evaporates and the apple and mango become soft.
- Add sugar, raisins, chopped almonds, salt,and soaked saffron and cook till the mixture becomes thick.
- Add cardamom powder, chilli powder and vinegar and wait for it come to a boil.
- Let it cool down, and store in a sterilized jar.