Sabudana thalipeeth – Shallow fried flatbread made with sago seeds / tapioca pearls,potato and spices,Tapioca flatbread
Sabudana thalipeeth- sago/Tapioca pearls are rich in carbs so give instant energy and make your stomach full for a long time so it is a very popular fasting food. Sabudana is used especially during fasting so very popular during Navaratri,in the month of Shravan and on Ekadashi days. ,
Sabudana thalipeeth is a Maharashtrian fasting food delicacy. Sabudana ,potato and peanuts with few spices makes this wonderful Thalipeeth which is quite easy to make and taste awesome Sabudana is used especially during fasting so very popular during Navratri,in the month of Shravan and on Ekadashi days.
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook and Instagram for more delicious recipes and updates
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
- 1 cup Sago/ Sabudana soaked
- 1/2 cup Potato boiled and mashed
- 1 tbsp Rajgiri aata
- 2 tbsp Peanuts/ Moongphali
- 2 Green Chilies/ Hari Mirch Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger/ Adrak Grated
- 2 tbsp Yogurt/Dahi
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Ghee or oil
- Soak 1/2 cup sabudana (sago) in approx.3/4 cup water for 8 hours or overnight.Mash potatoes and chop green chili and fresh coriander
- Dry roast peanuts in a pan or microwave for 4 minutes,rub and remove the skinTake peanuts in a mixer jar and crush to make a coarse powder.
- Take a bowl add sabudana, mashed potatoes,chopped green chilies,fresh coriander,peanut powder,salt ,pepper or chili powder and 2 tsp oil .mix well
- Add approx 2-3 tbs of buttermilk and mash and mix the mixture well and make a dough.
- Heat a non stick pan take a medium size ball from this dough and place on the griddle.With damp fingers press it and spread it on the tawa.OR make a ball and keep between 2 greased thick plastic sheets and roll to make a medium thick paratha.
- Place on a nonstick tawa and make three holes on it and pour few drops of oil or ghee in the holes.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn the side ,drizzle some oil and cover and cook again for 2-3 minutes.
- Serving suggestions-serve with sweet tamarind chutney, mint chutney or curd
wow i really like this… awesome… i share the same design layout for the blog with u :)we r twins in that sense…Do drop by…
Shailaja Reddy says
This thalipeeth looks delicious and I think it is a good alternative to deep fried vadas.
I am so glad you like my crochet. I conduct crochet classes at home but alas we are so far from each other. Never mind, for patterns I refer to Favecrafts.com and Freecrochet.com. For crochet lessons on Youtube look for Crochet Geek(videos by tjw), She has hundreds of videos, right from the basics to patterns. She explains everything very well and quite slowly and she has some good patterns too.
I will be posting photo tutorials in future(provided I can get my son to hold the camera…ha ha).
If you have queries do get in touch with me at [email protected]
Delicious and love the twist
lavina agarwal says
wow this liiks so yummm..will definitely try..thanks for sharing 🙂
very delicious and mild rotis…perfect fasting recipe…thanks so much for linking it to My event…
different one..sounds yummy..so good pic!
I love this parathas..mum used to make it..for me it's too hard to make 🙂
Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey
Grind your cooking Masala
Hamaree Rasoi says
Delicious and lovely preparation.
I like thalipeeth and with sago it would be only adding to the taste.
Hi Maayeka ,
Tapioca flat bread Looks Delicious !!!
Neat presentation :))
Keep up this GooD work Dear…
Ez Cookbook says
excellent source of food for fasting people… nice recipe….
looks awesome and lovely click..
this looks really good anjana
wow looks wonderful and perfect
kitchen queen says
very delicious sabudana thalipeeth.Different from the usual khichdi and vada.
I had made this yesterday and we just love it..yours look perfect with that golden crust..