Mirchi vada -Chilli fritters stuffed with corn and potato
- Bhavnagri chillies(Jalapeno)-5 *
- Boiled potato-2
- Corn kernals-150 gms
- Ginger-1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice-1.5tsp
- mint leaves-8
- sugar-1/2 tsp
- cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
- Gram flour-1.5 cup
- Corn flour-2tbls
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder-1tsp
- Asafoetida-1/4 tsp
- Soda bi carb -a pinch of
- Refined oil-2tsp
- Boil corn kernals and crush coarsely in the mixer .
- Wash and slit big chillies(bhavnagari chillies) and deseed them.if they are of hot variety then blanch in hot water for 2-3 minutes.drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds ,when start crackling add ginger and turmeric.
- Now add crushed corn and saute for 1 minute.
- Add mashed potato, salt,sugar and chopped mint leaves
- Saute for a minute add lemon juice and take out in a bowl.and let it cool down completely.
- Stuff this mixture in the chillies,press tightly with your thumb and slice to make small pieces.
- Take gram flour and corn flour in a big bowl ,mix salt ,chilli powder and asafoetida.
- Add water,mix well and make a medium thick batter .
- Add soda bi carb on top of the batter and pour 1 tsp hot oil over it and mix again.
- Heat oil in a pan,dip chilli pieces in the batter and deep fry on medium heat till golden in colour.
- Serve hot.
Serving suggestions- with tamarind date chutney or any ketchup of your choice
*You can also use Poblano or Banana peppers
Corn Mirchi Vada /Corn Stuffed Jalapeno
Servings: 5 people
Lovely recipe! What purpose does cornflour have in the batter?
It makes the vada crispier
sowmya's creative saga says
Looks so delicious!!
Suja Manoj says
Yummy spicy fitters,delicious.
kitchen queen says
lovely and crispy fritters.
mouthwatering…love these vadas
sounds interesting and yum
Hamaree Rasoi says
wow !! I am craving for this now..so perfect
even i prepare these and really love these 🙂
Nice idea..loved it..Thanks for posting it..
I'm salivating looking at the pakoras. Perfect for monsoon.
‘ONLY’ Microwave Cooking & Cookbook Giveaway
Healthy Food For Healthy Kids- Preschooler Snacks
wow this is awesome. u remind me of my childhood as my uncle used to make stuff tomato and then make pakodas out of it.. this is too good
Divya Pramil says
Perfect for a cup of hot tea 🙂 Looks so delicious!!
-You Too Can Cook Indian Food Recipes
Vada looks delicious
Lovely, Looks so yum, lovely clicks anjana ji
Awesome and perfect
sounds very interesting..