Vrat wali dahi Aloo ki Sabzi- Potatoes cooked in yogurt and pepper sauce
- Batayacha Kees
- Moongphali aloo ki sabzi
- Jeera aloo
- Kuttu ki Poori
- Aam Papad Chutney
- Aloo ka Halwa
- Sama and Aloo Patties
- Sabudana khichdi
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Vrat Wali Aloo ki Subzi- Potato Curry for Fasting /Navratri Recipes
- 3 medium Potatoes / Aloo boiled
- 1 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch paste
- 1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrak paste
- 3/4 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 1 tbsp Amaranth Flour / Rajgiri Atta
- 1.5 tsp Dried Pomegranate seeds powder/anardana powder (Optional)
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil Or Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/3 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- Peel boiled potatoes and make small cubes from 2 potatoes and mash 1 potato.
- Take the cooking pan and add potatoes, yogurt (whisk it well before adding) 2 cups of water,ginger chili paste,salt, anardana powder and pepper powder.
- Mix well and let it cook for 2-3 minutes ,keep stirring it otherwise it may curdle due to yogurt.
- When it start boiling ,mix rajgiri atta in 1/4 cup water and add in the boiling curry.
- Now cook the curry for around 8 minutes on medium heat.
- Keep stirring the curry in between.
- Heat oil or ghee in a small pan and add cumin seeds,when it start crackling add asafoetida
- Pour the tempering in the boiling potato curry.
- Add fresh coriander and lemon juice . Serve hot.
1- Addition of anardana powder/pomegranate powder is optional ,but it gives a nice tangy taste to the curry,if you are not adding it then increase the quantity of lemon juice according to your taste or use some mango powder.
2- Rajgiri flour is added to give thickness to the curry,but you can avoid it ,if you want a thin curry.
2- You may adjust the quantity of water,potato and Rajgiri flour according to the thickness you want to have in the curry.
4- You may also add 1 tbsp of roasted peanut powder in the curry at step 4 to give a twist in the taste.