Tindora pickle- A spicy and tangy Ivy Gourd pickle
You can subscribe to my You tube channel – Maayeka for new recipe videos
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
- 450 gm Tindora/ Ivy gourd
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 3/4 cup Mustard oil
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric/ haldi
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida/ hing
- 1 tbsp Mustard powder
- 1 tbsp Fennel seeds/ saunf crushed
- 2 tbsp Ready pickle masala
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Wash tindora and wipe well with a cloth napkin.
- Trim the ends and make thin slices(approx 6-8 slices from one tindora)
- Add salt and vinegar in the slices, mix and keep covered for 6 hours or over night.
- Heat oil and add asafoetida, switch off the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Add all the spices in the tindora and mix well.
- Now add oil and keep covered for 3 days. Keep mixing every once in a while.
- Enjoy after 3 days.
1- If you plan to make this pickle in a large batch then either make it with excess oil so that it is covered with oil or keep refrigerated after a week.
2-You can use any refined vegetable oil instead of mustard oil..
3-If you do not have pickle masala-add 1tsp crushed fenugreek seeds and 1 and 1/2 tbsp of each- salt, mustard powder, chilli powder and crushed fennel seeds (instead of 1 tbsp)