Lauki Kofta / Bottle Gourd Dumpling Curry
Lauki Kofta -Bottle gourd dumplings cooked in tomato and yoghurt sauce
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cup Bottle Gourd / Lauki grated
- 3 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 2 tbsp Cashew pieces/ Kaju Tukda
- 2 tsp Raisins / Kishmish
- 1/2 cup Gram flour / Besan
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 4 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1.5 cup Water / Paani
- Wash , peel and grate the bottle gourd. Discard the hard mature seeds
- Pressure cook bottle gourd with 1/ 2 cup water for 1whistle only.
- Drain and let it cool down then squeeze the water from the bottle gourd(reserve the water to use in the gravy).
- Take bottle gourd in a bowl and add gram flour, corn flour, salt, chili powder, pinch of garam masala,1/ 2tsp grated ginger and chopped raisins.
- Mix well and make walnut size smooth and round balls.
- Deep fry in hot oil on medium flame till golden in colour, drain and keep aside.
- Blanch the tomatoes and then grind with 2 green chilies, cashew pieces and ginger and make a smooth puree.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, when start crackling then add tomato puree and sauté for approx. 2- 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add turmeric, chili powder, salt, coriander powder and mix well and cook for few seconds.
- Blend yogurt with 1.5 cup water and add in the gravy
- Cook for approx. 5 minute on low flame now add koftas and cook for a minute OR arrange the kofta in the serving dish and pour hot gravy over them.
- Add garam masala and fresh coriander and serve hot, garnished with cream
- Serving suggestion-serve with any Indian bread and rice