lAUKI KOFTA -Bottle gourd dumplings cooked in tomato and yoghurt sauce
- Grated bottle gourd/Lauki-2 cup
- Ginger-1 tsp
- Cashew pieces-2 tbsp
- Raisins-2 tsp
- Gram flour-1/2 cup
- Yoghurt-4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric -1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder-2 tsp
- Salt-1.5 tsp
- Water-1.5 cup
- Pressure cook bottle gourd with 1/ 2 cup water for 1whistle only.
- Drain and let it cool down,then squeeze the water from the bottle gourd(reserve the water to use in the gravy).
- Take bottle gourd in a bowl and add gram flour,corn flour,salt,chili powder,pinch of garam masala,1/ 2tsp grated ginger,and chopped raisins.
- Mix well and make walnut size smooth and round balls.
- Deep fry in hot oil on medium flame till golden in colour,drain and keep aside.
- GRAVY-Blanch the tomatoes and then grind with 2 green chilies,cashew pieces and ginger and make a smooth puree.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds,when start crackling then add tomato puree and saute for approx 2- 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add turmeric,chili powder,salt,coriander powder and mix well and cook for few seconds.
- Blend yogurt with 1.5 cup water and add in the gravy
- Cook for approx 5 minute on low flame,now add koftas and cook for a minute OR arrange the kofta in the serving dish and pour hot gravy over them.
- Add garam masala and fresh corinader and serve hot, garnished with cream
Serving suggestion-serve with any Indian bread and rice
Lauki Kofta / Bottle Gourd Dumpling Curry
Servings: 4 people