Kachori chaat -Indian fried puffs stuffed with savory lentil filling,potatoes and spicy dip and chutney
Kachori chaat- Kachori is the very popular snack of North India.specially favorite in Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan. These flaky Indian puffs are made with different type of spicy dry lentil fillings.
I have also posted the khasta Moong daal kachori and Urad daal kachori in my blog,which are served as a snack.But this is a different way of serving kachori as a street food/chat and also a different version of making spicy Raj Kachori.
When ever I make these moong daal kachoris I usually served them as a snack when they are hot and the next day I serve them as a chat by stuffing some boiled potatoes and garnish with Mint chutney and Date tamarind chutney
Prep time-15 min
- Moong daal kachori– 8
- Boiled potatoes,cubed-1cup
- Yogurt- 1 cup
- Date and tamarind chutney-3/4 cup
- Green chutney-3/4 cup
- Nylon sev- 1/2 cup
- Roasted cumin seed powder- 1.5 tsp
- Chili powder-2 tsp
- Black salt- 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander,chopped- 1/4 cup
- Take yogurt in a bowl and beat to make it smooth.
- Add salt and some water and mix well.
- Take the kachori and make a hole in the center by pressing it with your thumb.
- Stuff some finely cubed potatoes inside the kachori.
- Now add 1 tsp green mint chutney over the potato pieces.
- Then add 1 tsp sweet date chutney .
- Dizzle some yogurt approx 1. 5 tbsp over the kachori.
- Then drizzle some date chutney and mint chutney again.
- Sprinkle chili powder,cumin powder and black salt.
- Now garnish with nylon sev and fresh coriander.
- Serve immediately.
@Ray cronous-Rahul I have posted date and tamarind chutney-http://maayeka.blogspot.ae/2012/04/date-and-tamarind-chutney.html.Will post that kota wali chutney soon as we also make that type of chutney
Ray cronus says
Anjana ji…Kota mai Jodhpur Sweets wala apni kachoriyuon ke saath ek emli ki chutney deta hain, aur wo hum logo ki saunth se alag hoti hain agar aap uski recp jaanti ho to pls batayen…Regards, Rahul
Vikis Kitchen says
Superb chaat. I am always in learning phase when it comes to North Indian dishes….which you make very delicious. wanna grab that plate through my laptop:)
Sadaf Afshan says
Super tempting chat.
Gujarati Zaika says
yummy recipe….i am also going to post kachori recipe ….
Sireesha Puppala says
Wow yummy yummy chat love it when coupled with dahi..
Pooja Agrawal says
its very tempting and inviting…My mouth is watering!!!!!
Kichu Khonn says
Anjanaji … I have found your blog late but am loving all the beautiful recipes you have here. Married ito a Rajasthani family, most of these dishes were new to me but have learnt to love them. Will try out your recipes one by one. 🙂
Rosita Vargas says
estupenda receta muy alegre me gustó.saludos.
Amila Wickramarachchi says
its a mouthwatering & inviting dish…
Yummyyyyyyy!!! Superb clicks… 🙂
Kaveri Venkatesh says
Kitchen Queen says
Any time is chat time in my house. Looks delicious.
Am tempted.. Such an inviting chaat !