Karela pakora- Tangy and delicious Bitter gourd and lentil fritters
Karela pakora – bitter gourd is a very healthy vegetable and is popular in Asian countries.It has been used to treat diabetics,purifys the blood, good for the patients suffering from piles, good for stomach, aids weight loss,boost immunity and much mUch more.
karela have numerous health benefits even though there are many people who avoid eating karela,but this crispy karela pakora is so delicious that every one will like it ,so give it a try and you will surely like it.
So its a very good idea to include karela in your diet during season.Me and my family love karela so I have posted some delicious bitter gourd recipes in my blog- Stuffed karela , Khatta metha karela, Daal karela, and Crispy Karela kachri.
You can also check these delicious recipes-
- Bean Sprout Rolls
- Cabbage Pakoda
- Grilled Cheesy Pita Pockets
- Chili Cheese Toast
- Hara Bhara Kabab
- Methi Na Gota
- Cheesy Piza Puffs
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Crunchy Karela Pakora
Karela pakora- Tangy and delicious Bitter gourd fritters
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup Split green moong daal/chilke wali moong daal
- 2.5 tbsp Gram flour / Besan
- 1 Bitter gourd /karela medium
- 2.5 tbsp Raw mango finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Cashew pieces/ Kaju Tukda
- 1.5 tbsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds / Sabut Dhaniya
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 2 green chilis chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- to taste Salt / Namak
- Wash and soak moong daal/Green lentil for approx 3-4 hours.
- Scrape karela and grate it, remove all the hard seeds before grating.
- Slightly crush fennel and coriander seeds.
- Drain the water from moong daal and grind to make a coarse paste.(don’t remove the skin of moong daal)
- Now add grated karela/bitter gourd,chopped raw mango and all the spices in it.
- Mix and beat the mixture well and rest it for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep and wide pan.
- Make small fritters from the mixture either dropping by wet hands or use a small spoon tp drop the mixture.
- Fry on medium heat till golden in colour.drain on a tissue paper.
- Serve hot
- Serving suggestions-serve with date and tamarind chutney or ketchup