Bharwa Parwal/ Stuffed parwal -Pointed Gourd stuffed with simple Indian spices
Bharwa Parwal – Parwal /potol /patola/green potato-is a popular vegetable in North India specially available during summers and monsoon.It has many health benfits, is low in cholesterol and fat.Is very easy to digest so recommended for the patients with weak digestion .
It is antipyretic,laxative,helpful in treating jaundice,ulcers and other liver problems.so its good to include this vegetable in your diet during summer and monsoon season.
Many People often get confused between tindora and parwal as both looks quite similar by color and size but are very different in taste and texture,Parwal have round big seeds which can be consumed if they are tender but if the seeds are hard and black then they should be removed.
This stuffed parwal is an easy recipes made with the basic spices available in each kitchen. These stuffed parwal stays good for 2-3 days at room temperature so good as a travel food .
Do Try These Delicious Parwal Recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Stuffed Parwal, Parwal Ki Kalonji
- 14 Parval/potol
- 2 tbsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 2 tbsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 3/4 tsp Fennel powder/ Pisi Saunf
- To Taste Salt- to taste
- 1.5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/3 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- Pinch of Salt / Namak
To Dry Roast
- 4 tbsp Coriander Seeds / Sabut Dhaniya
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methidana
- wash and wipe the parwals and make a slit in the center for stuffing
- Dry roast coriander seeds, fennel and fenugreek seeds and make a powder
- In a bowl add the roasted spice mix and the remaining spices and add some mustard oil i.e 2-3 tbsp and mix well
- Stuff the parwals with this spice mix
- Heat 4 tbsp mustard oil in a pan and add 1 tsp cumin and 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric and add all the stuffed parwals in the pan
- cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Open the pan , turn the sides , cover and cook again
- Cook till done and serve with roti, parartha, khichdi or daal rice combo
- Stays well for 10 days in the refrigerator
- Good recipe to pack in lunchbox or to carry along for travelling