Healthy and simple Purple cabbage and pea stir fry
Cabbage comes in many varieties and colours,green,white, purple or red cabbage is easily available.
Cabbage is very good for health as it contain carcinogenic properties to fight against Cancer, good to Boast immune system,very low in saturated fat and cholesterol,contain good source of Folates and many essential vitamins and Minerals,so its a very good idea to include purple cabbage in our diet on regular basis.
We all use green and white cabbge to make many curries -Cabbage and potato subzi , Bengali cabbage and potato curry and snacks-Cabbage Muthiya and crunchy salads –Cabbage and carrot sambharo but purple cabbage is often used only to make crisp salads,so can’t be used in large quantity.
I tried this tangy and delicious stir fry of purple cabbage by adding some peas and we all liked it and now become a regular in our weekly menu.
Prep time-15 min
Cooking time- 10 min
- Purple cabbage- 400 gms
- Green peas- 3/4 cup
- Green chilies,chopped -2
- Ginger grated -3/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Chili flakes- 1tsp
- Lemon juice-1.5 tsp
- Sugar- 1 tsp
- Cooking oil- 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves-6
- Salt- to taste
- Shred cabbage thinly and keep aside
- Blanch peas in hot water if using fresh peas and if using frozen peas then just wash them with hot water.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and sesame seeds.
- When mustard start crackling add chopped green chilies and curry leaves and saute.
- Add ginger and turmeric and then add shredded cabbage .
- Saute for few seconds and then add peas,salt ,chili flakes and mix.
- Cover the pan and simmer for about 5-8 minutes or till cabbage get cooked .
- Now add sugar and lemon juice and mix well.
- Cook for a minute and serve hot
Serving suggestions-serve with roti or daal-rice,as salad or use as a stuffing for sandwiches and tortilla wraps.
tummy tuck says
Seems very interesting.Going to give it a try.
Colorful and healthy subzi, looks delicious..
Wer SAHM says
appealing red cabbage fry…
Never tried this one before… But looks so tempting!!!
Send your entries to on-going event 'Bachelor Cooking' @ http://www.cookingwithsj.com/bachelor-cooking
Healthy and delicious stir fry.. Neatly presented!
Veena Theagarajan says
Shobha Kamath says
Colourful and well presented!
wow this is awesome and beautiful pic and presentation…..
Rani Acharyulu says
Lovely colorful healthy subji looks delicious.
ths is tasty and healthy