Methi Corn Malai Curry-Corn and fresh fenugreek cooked in a mild and rich curry.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Methi Corn Malai, Fenugreek and Corn Curry
- 2 cup/80 gm Fresh Fenugreek / Hari Methi
- 1.5 cup Corn Kernels / Makai Dana
- 4 small 350 gms Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 15 Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 1 cup Whole Milk / Doodh
- 2 tbsp Cream
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 3/4 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1.5 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter, Unsalted / Makkhan
- Remove tender shoots and leaves from the the thick methi stems.
- Chop methi and apply a tsp of salt ,cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Now squeeze the methi leaves and wash the leaves very well with freash water .
- Pressure cook corn kernels with a cup of water for 3 whistles then drain and keep aside.
- Chop cashews and soak them in 3 tbsp milk for 15 minutes or micro for a minute.
- Grind the soaked cashew and make a fine paste.
- Pressure cook the chopped tomato for a whistle and grind to make a fine puree.(don't add water in tomato while boiling)
- Heat oil and 1 tbsp butter in a pan.Add cumin seeds in it,when cumin start crackling add cardamom powder.
- Now add chopped fenugreek leaves/methi and saute for a minutes
- Now add tomato puree,salt, chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook till oil starts to separate from the tomato masala.
- Now add cashew paste in it and cook for a minute.
- simmer for 2-3 minutes.then add cream and mix
- Cover the pan and cook for a minutes on low heat.
- Serve hot with naan, roti or paratha.
- If fresh methi is not available then use 4 tbsp of kasoori methi(dried fenugreek leaves).soak it in water for 10 minutes.discard the water ,was again and add it instead of fresh methi.
- You can use cream instead of mawa or skip using both.
- Home made quick mawa- Take 3 tbsp of milk powder,add 1/2 tsp of ghee ,mix it ,now add some milk to make a soft dough,wrap the dough in cling film and keep refrigerated for 10 minutes.take out and grate or mash to use .
- You can add some more milk or water if gravy thicken