Dahi Sandwich- Quick and easy yogurt and vegetable sandwich- kids special summer recipe
Dahi Sandwich is kids favorite sandwich.kids loves bread in all forms either simple toast ,sandwiches or any snack made with bread.My children also loves bread and sandwiches so I make many versions of toast and sandwiches.
This dahi sandwich is very quick and easy recipe. I learned this easy sandwich from a neighbor who happen to a very nice lady and a wondeful cook. When ever my kids visit her house she always make these sandwiches for them .
These dahi sandwiches are also perfect for summer and an instant hit with kids. You need just few ingredients to make this sandwich. Always use hung curd to make these sandwiches.you can also add some grated carrot and shredded cabbage in it to make it more colorful and healthy.
I have tempered the sandwiches on the tawa/griddle and roasted them but if you wish you can just apply the stuffing in the sandwiches and serve as cold sandwiches ,no need to roast on the griddle . They taste awesome both ways.
I regularly make so many different types of sandwiches and My favorite are-
- Pineapple salsa sandwich ,
- Mumbai style grilled potato sandwich
- Falafel sandwich ,
- Italain eggplant panini .
- Paneer Bhurji Sandwich
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayek
Quick and easy yogurt and vegetable sandwich
Servings: 2 person
- 4 Bread Slices
- 3 tbsp Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 3 tbsp Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch chopped
- 1/3 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 3 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi thick
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 1.5 TBSP Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya Chopped
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1/3 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 6 Curry Leaves
- In a bowl add yogurt,tomato,cucumber,salt,coriander,green chili ,pepper powder and mix it well.
- Take a bread slice and spread 1/2 mixture over it.
- Cover it with another bread slice to make a sandwich.
- On a heavy griddle or a non stick tawa spread 1 tsp oil and sprinkle mustard seeds and chopped curry leaves
- When mustard seeds start to crackle then place the sandwich over this tempering and cook on slow flame.
- When it become golden then spread little oil or ghee on the top slice.
- Turn the sandwich and cook from other side by gently pressing with a spatula.
- When become golden from both sides remove from the griddle.
- Slice it to make two pieces.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chutney
You can also add grated carrot and shredded cabbage in it.