Moong Daal Kachori Recipe- -Fried flaky puff pastries stuffed with moong daal paste and spices mixture
Moong Daal Kachori is the favorite snack or street food of North India ,specially popular in Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. Kachoris are Indian style Fried flaky puff pastries which are stuffed with different type of savory or sweet stuffings.
What is Khasta Kachori
Khasta means crisp and flaky . These stuffed kachori’s are very crisp and stay like this for a long time. Mostly they are stuffed with soaked and coarsely ground urad ki daal or white lentil but at many places yellow moong daal is also used to stuff khasta kachoris.
How To Make Khasta Moong Daal Kachori
- Soak Urad or moong daal overnight and then grind it to make semi coarse paste thick paste.In many shops they add besan with the daal mixture to give an easy binding to the stuffing.
- The spices are basic i.e- chili powder,coriander powder ,garam masala,salt with the prominent taste of fennel and asafoetida.
- The dough is made with either refined flour or a mix of wheat flour and refined flour . Good amount of cooking oil or vegetable ghee is added in the soft dough to make it khasta/ flaky .
- After stuffing it is fried on low heat to make it crisp.If you fry it on medium or high heat ten it will not turn crisp or flaky.Then You can easily store these kachori’s for a week
I have also posted the most popular kachori of Uttar Pradesh which are best served with Dubki wale aloo and Khatta metha kaddu,and my favorite Methi launji and boondi Raita. OR can serve this moong daal kachori as chaat by drizzling tamarind chutney and mint chutney over OR with the kachori’s
Do try These delicious kachori Recipes-
- Mathura ke Dubki wale aloo
- Urad daal kachori
- Aloo ki khasta kachori
- Moong Sprout Kachori
- Bengali Style Matar Kachori
- Matar Paneer Kachori
- Raj Kachori
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayek
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook , Twitter and Instagram for more delicious recipes and updates
Moong daal Khasta Kachori
Khasta Moong Daal kachori-Fried flaky puff pastries stuffed with soaked and ground Moong daal with few basic Indian spices
For Making the Dough
- 350 gms Refined flour/ Maida
- 1/2 cup Cooking oil/ghee
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
For The Stuffing
- 3/4 cup Yellow Lentil/ Moong Daal
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 Green Chilies
- 2 tsp Ginger/ Adrak
- 2 tbsp Mint Leaves chopped
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander
- 2.5 tsp Fennel seeds/ Saunf crushed
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds Crushed
- 1 tsp Cumin/ Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida/ Hing
- 2.5 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1.5 tsp Mango Powder
- To Taste Salt
To Make the stuffing
- Wash and soak moong daal in enough water for an hour.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and add fennel seeds,corinader seeds and cumin seeds.When seeds start crackling add asafoetida and chopped green chilies.
- Now drain all the water from the soaked moong daal and add in the pan and saute for few seconds.
- Add approx a cup of water and salt,mix and cover and cook the daal on low heat till done(soft and fully cooked)
- Now add rest of spices,ginger and mix well , mash slightly while mixing.Add chopped mint and coriander leaves and remove the pan from the flame.
- Wait till the mixture comes to room temperature.
- Take a wide bowl and add refined flour,baking powder and salt.mix
- Add cooking oil and lemon juice and rub and mix well. Add cold water and make a soft dough.
- Cover and rest the dough for approx .20 minutes. Now make equal size balls from the dough
- Roll the dough ball slightly and stuff with equal portion of daal mixture. Close the ball properly by gathering all the sides together.
- Dust the stuffed ball with dried flour and roll slightly to make a medium thick disc/kachori.
How To Fry
- Heat cooking oil in a wide and deep pan and slide the kachori gently in the pan and fry on medium to low heat.
- When it get puffed from one side then turn the side . Fry till they become crisp and get a nice golden colour on both the sides.
- Drain on a paper napkin when done.
- Serve hot with aloo ki sabzi, kaddu ki sabzi or with chutney of your choice