Bhindi Paneer Masala- a quick delicious stir fry of okra and cottage cheese
Bhindi paneer-Okra or bhindi is a seasonal vegetable, easily available during summer season,though now we get most of the vegetable through out the year but seasonal vegetable have their own special taste. Bhindi is usually everybody’s favorite vegetable,specially kids like it the most.
Bhindi is a versatile vegetable which can be made in several ways. People loves its taste but many people avoid bhindi due to its sliminess, but you can follow few easy tips to avoid that, first of all wash and wipe okra very well before cutting it and don’t cook okra on low flame as it increase its sliminess so cook on medium flame and preferably without covering the pan,and add some mango powder or lemon juice while stir frying as it reduces its sliminess.
Paneer is a again very healthy,a power house of calcium and protein. Kids and adults both loves it . So this Bhindi paneer masala is an interesting ,delicious healthy combo of Paneer and okra. You can easily serve this in your main course or pack in lunch boxes.
You may also like these delicious recipes-
- Oats vegetable Cheela
- Pudina Aloo Chaat
- Amchoor ki Chutney
- Spicy Potato Wedges
- Kurkuri Bhindi
- Sambhar Sadam
. ★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Bhindi Paneer Masala
- 650 gm Okra /Bhindi
- 350 gm Cottage cheese / Paneer
- 3 medium Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- Wash and wipe okra and then slice into medium size pieces
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When cumin start to crackle then add chopped green chilies and asafoetida.
- Now add chopped tomatoes ,salt and mix.
- Cover with a lid and cook till tomato become soft and mushy.
- Now add the turmeric and stir ,then add sliced okra and lemon juice.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook till half done
- Now open the lid and cook on medium heat and keep stirring in between.
- When okra is almost done then add all the remaining spices and mix.
- Now add the crumbled paneer and mix gently.
- Cover the pan with the lid and cook for for a minute on medium heat.
- Add chopped coriander and mix.
- Now serve hot with rice or roti.