Raw Mango Mint Chutney- a very delicious tangy Indian Dip of raw mango, mint and coriander
Raw mango mint chutney is a very delicious tangy dip/ chutney of India. It is very versatile as it can be served with snack, drizzle over chaat and street food and served as side dish with meals.
In Indian kitchens green chutney is the most popular one and made on regular basic. During winters it is mostly made with coriander and lemon. as the summer season arrives the market is flooded with good quality raw mangoes and fresh mint . So during summer chutney is made with fresh mint, coriander and raw mangoes.
Green chutney is not only good in taste but is also nutritious . It is rich in Iron and Vitamin A and C, a potent source of antioxidants. Mint helps to cure digestion problem and its aroma decreases anxiety and stress and improves brain function.Its also good to cure flu and cold .
Raw mangoes are also very good for health as they protect from heat strokes and dehydration during summer season. Cure stomach problems, indigestion and constipation.Good for the heart , liver and intestine health .Is very rich in Vitamin C.
You can view the video version of this recipe on my youtube channel – here’s the link to recipe video:
Tips to make Good Raw Mango Mint Chutney-
Mint gives a very nice fresh flavor to the green chutney but as mint is slightly bitter in taste so do add coriander leaves in the chutney. I always add 2-3 parts coriander and 1 part mint , which balance the taste .
Always add some sugar or jaggary if you are adding mint in the chutney to balance the slight bitter taste of mint.
For sourness add raw mangoes/ lemon juice or tamarind pulp in the chutney.
Add some almonds/ roasted peanuts/ cashew in the chutney. This not only add nutrition but also gives a nice creamy texture to the chutney. The natural oils of nuts act as a preservative and increases the shelf life of the chutney.
Always add ice cubes or chilled water while grinding as due to the heat of the mixer jar the mint get oxidized easily and thus effect the colour of the chutney.
Serve this delicious chutney as a dip with any fried snacks like pakora, samaosa, dahi vada, aloo tikki , chaat etc.
Serve with steamed snacks or breakfast like- dhokla , khandvi, idli,upma, poha etc.
Serve as a side dish with any Indian meal.
Use as a sandwich spread or mix with yogurt and serve with starters .
You can also check these recipes-
- Chili Guava Drink
- Red Coconut Chutney
- Ginger Chutney/ Allam Pachdi
- Idli Podi/ Gun Powder
- Dry Coconut Chutney
- Instant Mango Pickle
- Kairi Cha Takku
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Raw Mango Mint Chutney
- 3 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1 cup Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina
- 4 Green chilies/Hari Mirch
- 2 inch Ginger / Adrak
- 1 small Raw Mango / Kachcha Aam
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1.5 tbsp Sugar / Chini *
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 10 Almonds *
- Clean the mint and coriander and wash them well with running water, remove the hard stems only.
- Roughly chop green chilies and ginger , chop the raw mango, no need to remove the peel of raw mango.
- Add everything in the mixer jar .
- Now add a cup of ice cubes or few tbsp of chilled water to grind the chutney.
- Grind well to make a smooth chutney.
- Now transfer the chutney in a clean glass jar.
- It will easily stays fresh for 12 days in the refrigerator.
- You can add almonds/ roasted peanuts or cashew in the chutney.
- Instead of refined sugar you can add jaggary or brown sugar in the chutney.