Shrikhand- A very refreshing and cool Indian dessert made with thickened and strained yoghurt.
You can also try these delicious kheer recipes –
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
- 2 kg Fresh yoghurt -2 kg / Greek yoghurt-1 kg
- 350 gm Sugar / Chini
- 20 Almonds / Badam
- 20 Pistachio / Pista
- 1/4 tsp Saffron / Kesar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- Tie yoghurt in a fine muslin cloth and hang it for a least 8 hours,so all the excess water will drained out.but don’t hang in warm place otherwise it may become sour.
- Open and take all the yoghurt in a big bowl and mix sugar (you can adjust the quantity of sugar according to your taste)
- If using Greek yogurt then just add sugar ( skip the hanging part)
- Mix and keep aside for 15 minutes.then strain through a soup strainer,or whisk well
- Heat saffron in microwave for 40 seconds to make it crisp.
- Then crush it in a mortal and pestle and then soak in little warm milk. heating and then crushing help to get nice colour from saffron.
- Crush or chop almonds and pista.
- Now add saffron,dry fruits and cardamon powder in the yoghurt.mix well
- Chill and serve