Dahi Ki arbi -Tangy colocasia /taro root curry cooked with curd and Indian spices
Dahi Ki arbi-During summers we wish to eat something light and cool.,so I often make curries in which curd can be added.Taro root /arbi /colacasia is such a vegetable which can be cooked in a delicious curd gravy.
Arbi is very rich in fiber so excellent for the digestive system. Arbi is fiber rich hence good for the digestive system. It is also very vitamin C and E which are rich in anti oxidants.Taro root have zero cholesterol so good for everyone.
This dahi ki arbi is a light and flavourful curry and so easy to make .Addition of cloves ,ajwain,asafoetida and yogurt make it delicious and easy to digest.
How To Make Dahi ki Arbi
First you have wash and then boil and peel the arbi. Then slice it into medium thick roundels. Then you can either fry/ stir fry the sliced pieces or just add the boiled pieces without frying. Whisk the yogurt properly else it may curdle while boiling. Addition of 1 tsp refined flour is to avoid curdling of yogurt.Do stir it continuously till the curry start boiling.
Adjust the quantity of water according to the thickness you want in your curry . Some prefer it quite thick and some want to have thinner curry so adjust accordingly. This dahi ki arbi goes well with any Indian bread i.e- roti ,poori paratha or rice
- Arbi ki sookhi sabzi
- Ajwaini Masala arbi
- Vrindavan wali Arbi
- Vrat wali Falahari Arbi
- Arbi Ki Bhujiya
Subscribe to my youtube channel- Maayeka for regular updates of new recipes
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Dahi Wali Arbi Ki Sabzi
- 250 gm Colocasia/ Arbi/Taro root
- 1 tsp Refined flour/ maida
- 3/4 cup Yogurt
- 1.5 glass Water
- 1/2 tsp Ginger/ Adrak chopped
- 2 Green chili/ Hari mirch chopped
- 1/3 tsp Black salt/ Kala namak
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric/ Haldi
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1.5 tsp Lemon juice
- pinch Garam masala
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander
- 2 tsp Cooking oil
- 1 tsp Carom seeds/ ajwain
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 2 cloves
- Wash and pressure cook arbi for 2-3 whistles(depending on the size and quality of arbi) till cooked completely.OR wash and microwave for approx. 15 minutes
- Peel off the skin and slice into medium thick roundels.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry these slices on high heat till golden in colour. OR you can just use sliced arbi without frying .frying is done to reduce the sliminess of arbi.but I prefer to use arbi without frying.
- Mix flour into curd and mix well (flour is added into curd to reduce the chances of curdling )then add 1.5 glass water and mix properly(A)
- Heat oil in a pan and add carom seeds, asafoetida and cloves,when carom seeds become golden add chopped green chilies and chili powder
- Immediately pour in the curd and water mixture(A) and stir
- Add all the spices (except lemon juice) and chopped arbi slices.Mix and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, keep stirring, otherwise it may curdle.
- Now add fresh coriander,garam masala and lemon juice.
- Serve hot and enjoy with roti or rice
1-you can also use this curry as a fasting food by just omitting black salt and
turmeric and substitute chili powder with black pepper powder .