Sichuan Kimchi rice is a popular Korean dish made with fermented cabbage pickle and rice
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Sichuan Kimchi Rice
- 1.5 cup Rice/chawal
- 3 cup Cabbage / Patta Gobhi
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 4 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp Soy Sauce / Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar / Sirka
- 1.5 tsp sesame seeds /til
- 1/2 tsp Schzwan pepper powder
- 3 tsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1.5 tsp Salt / Namak
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes in enough water.
- Boil approx 6 glasses of water in a pan and add soaked rice and 1 tsp salt and boil till almost done,drain and keep aside.
- Finely shred cabbage and dry roast sesame seeds till they start crackling.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan add cabbage and stir fry for 1 minute,then add soya sauce,salt, brown sugar,chili flakes and vinegar.mix and cook for few seconds.
- Take another pan and add 2 tbsp oil,when oil become hot add grated ginger and boiled rice.
- Stir fry for few seconds and then add cabbage kimchi(the prepared cabbage mixture).
- Add schezwan pepper powder and roasted sesame seeds in the rice and mix well.stir fry for a minute on high heat.
- Serve hot.
- Serving suggestions-serve as a main course dish .