Gobhi kofta – Cauliflower dumpling cooked in healthy spinach and tomato sauce
Gobhi kofta- grated cauliflower and boiled potatoes are mixed with besan/ gramflour and basic spices . then it is shaped into small balls and deep fried on medium heat to a nice golden colour.
The gravy- the gravy for gobhi koftas is very healthy and easy to make It is made with blanched spinach ,tomatoes and cashews ground together. The gravy is simple yet flavorful. the gravy is poured over the prepared kofta’s before serving.
This cauliflower kofta curry goes well with steamed rice, jeera rice ,pulao or roti’s
you can also try these delicious recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Gobhi Kofta in Palak gravy
For the Gravy
- 2 bunch Spinach/ Palak
- 3 Tomato
- 1 tbsp Green chilies
- 1.5 inch Ginger/ Adrak
- 3 tbsp Cashew chopped
For The Kofta
- 2 cup Cauliflower grated
- 1 Potato Boiled
- 1/4 cup Gram Flour/ Besan
- 1/4 cup Corn flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 TSP Turmeric/ Haldi
- 1 tsp Coriander powder/ Dhaniya
- 1 tsp Gatram Masala
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin/ Jeera
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
- Remove thick stems of spinach and wash well.Soak cashews in warm water for 15 minutes
- Boil water in a pan add 1/2 tsp sugar in it.when water start boiling add spinach leaves.cook for 1 minute with out covering the pan, drain and refresh in cold water and then grind into a smooth puree.
- Then grind chopped tomato,cashews,green chilies and ginger into a smooth paste.
- Microwave grated cauliflower for 2 minutes and then let it cool down.
- In a bowl,add grated cauliflower,mashed potato,gram flour,corn flour,salt,chili powder,pinch of garam masala and mix well and make lime size balls from the mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the koftas on medium heat till golden in colour.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add 2.5 tbsp oil,when become warm add cumin seeds ,cardamom and bay leaf.
- When cumin start crackling then add tomato puree,turmeric and chili powder and cook till oil start seperating from the mixture.
- Then add spinach puree and approx 2.5 cup water(or how much gravy you want to make),mix and let it cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt and garam masala.
- Switch off the flame and add koftas in the gravy,cover for 5 minutes so the koftas soak in the flavours.
- Arrange the koftas in the serving dish and pour hot gravy on it and serve
- Garnish with fresh cream or butter.
- Serving suggestions-serve with rice,pulao,or any Indian bread