Kaju barfi -A traditional Indian sweet made with Cashew Nuts
Welcome to our culinary haven where recipes echo the tales of our family’s heritage. The story of Kaju Katli in our home is one woven with threads of tradition and love. Passed down through generations, this recipe has journeyed from my grandmother’s kitchen to mine, embraced warmly by my son, and now eagerly learned by my grandson.
In the heart of our bustling kitchen, my son found a love for this beloved sweet—a connection to his roots. Now, as my grandson’s tiny hands eagerly assist, I see the circle of tradition completing once more. Each batch of Kaju barfi Katli is not just a confection but a capsule of our family’s stories, laughter, and culinary secrets.
As I walk you through the steps of creating this delicacy, envision our kitchen alive with the aroma of roasted cashews and the joy of passing on traditions. This recipe, soaked in the flavors of love and legacy, invites you to partake in our family’s journey—a journey of flavors, memories, and the everlasting bond that food weaves within our home.”
You can also try these delicious recipes-
Kaju Katli i Kaju Barfi
- 1.5 cup Cashew Nuts / Kaju powdered
- 3/4 cup Sugar / Chini
- 3/4 cup Water / Paani
- 3 tbsp Milk Powder / Doodh Ka Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1.5 tsp Rose Water / Gulab Jal
- 3 Silvar leaf/ Chaandi ka vark
- Cashew Grinding:Utilize a mixer for grinding Cashew pieces, employing short pulses to achieve a powdery consistency. Avoid prolonged grinding to prevent the release of natural oils, which can lead to stickiness.
- Preparation of Cashew Mix:Transfer the ground Cashew powder into a bowl.Integrate cardamom and milk powder into the powder, ensuring a thorough mix.
- Sugar Syrup Formation:Combine sugar and water in a pan and cook over medium heat until a sugar syrup of 1.5 threads consistency forms. Look for bubbles all over the syrup.Stir continuously, turn off the flame, and add the Cashew powder along with rose water. Mix thoroughly.
- Dough Formation:Allow the mixture to cool for 5-8 minutes.Knead it into a smooth yet firm dough using your hands.
- Rolling Process:Grease a rolling pin and roll out the dough on a smooth surface.Apply silver foil delicately over the flattened dough. Place a thick polythene sheet over it and gently roll with a rolling pin for proper adhesion.
- Resting Period:Wait for 20-25 minutes before cutting into squares or diamonds.
- Apply the silver foil delicately over the flattened dough.then place a thick polythene over it and gently roll with a rolling pin,so it will stick properly and neatly.
- Wait for 20- 25 minutes and then cut into squares or diamonds *.Enjoy!