Rajma tikki -Healthy and delicious Kidney bean and potato patties
Rajma Tikki – Kidney beans or Rajma are rich in protein and mainly use to make curries in indian cuisine.But this time I used some leftover boiled rajma to make some healthy and delicious cutlets ,which can also be used to make healthy burgers.You can also add some stir fried vegetables in it, to add more nutrition for children.
I have also posted Rajma Gilouti kabab recipe,which is a delicacy of Awadhi cuisine.
Looking for more snacks recipes then do try these –
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Rajma Tikki / Kidney Bean Pattice
- 1.5 cup Kidney beans/Rajma boiled
- 3 Potato boiled
- 1 Bread slices
- 1.5 tsp Green chilies chopped
- 1.5 tsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 2 tbsp Fresh coriander chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 2 tsp Hung curd
- to fry Cooking oil- 2 tsp+ to deep fry
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 3 tbsp Refined Flour / Maida
- 3/4 cup Bread Crumbs, Dried
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- Roughly grind boiled kidney beans .
- Peel and grate potatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin and chopped green chilies.
- When cumin start crackling add crushed kidney beans and saute for a minute.
- Now add potatoes,ginger ,salt and chili powder and saute for few seconds.
- Take out in a bowl and let it come to room temperature.
- Soak bread in water and then squeeze it completely.
- Mash the bread and add bread in the potato and kidney bean mixture.
- Now add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Make small pattice of same size.
- Make thin slury of corn flour and dip cutlets in it.
- Then roll cutlets in dried bread crumbs .
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden in colour.(or shallow fry them)
- Drain on a tissue paper and serve hot.
- Serving suggestions- serve with ketchup or any tangy and spicy dip.
- Note-you can add some bread crumbs in the mixture if the cutlet breaks while frying