Kabuli Chana Pulao- Flavorful Delicious Rice and chick pea pilaf
Kabuli chana pulao- In Northern Part of India kabuli chana or chick peas are mostly used for making chana masala or choley. Jeera rice pair very well with choley so this kabuli chana pulav is an easy way to enjoy that wonderful taste and aroma.
- vegetable biryani rice ,
- Chili pineapple rice ,
- Mexican chili Bean Rice
- Kathal Biryani
- Matar Mushroom Pulao
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Kabuli Chana Pulao
- 1 cup Rice
- 3/4 cup Chick Peas/ Kabuli Chana
- 3/4 cup Tomato Chopped
- 2 Green Chilies Chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger/ Adrak sliced
- 2 tbsp Mint/ Pudina
- 1/2 cup Yogurt/ Dahi
- 1 tsp Chana Masala
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- To Taste Salt
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 5 Cloves/ Lavang
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 5 Green Cardamom
- 10 Peppercorn/ Sabut Kali Mirch
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon/ Daalchini
- 1 Star anise/ Phool Chakri
- Wash and soak chick peas in enough water for 6-8 hours.Drain the water,wash and add the chick peas in the pressure cooker, add 2 cloves,1 black cardamom,2 green cardamom and 2.5 cups of water.
- Pressure cook on medium heat for about-4-5 whistles or till cooked perfectly.Open the cooker and keep the boiled chana /chick peas and the water separately.
- Wash and soak rice in enough water for 1/2 hour.
- Heat oil and ghee in a heavy bottom pan.Add cumin seeds and the remaining whole spices,when cumin start crackling add chopped tomato,chilies and ginger.
- Saute till tomato become soft,then add yogurt and all the spices and cook till the gravy become thick.
- Drain the water from the soaked rice and add the rice in the pan.
- Saute for few seconds and then add the boiled chick peas/Kabuli chana and mint leaves.
- Add some water in the reserved water(in which you have boiled the kabuli chana )and make it about 2 cup.Now add this water in the pan and give a boil.
- When water start boiling, reduce the flame and cover the pan with a lid and cook till done(can add some more water if needed)
- Switch off the flame when done and keep covered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the pulao with a fork and serve with yogurt ,chutney or any curry.
1-You can also use tinned boiled chickpeas to make this pulao.
2-Left over chana masala can also be used to make this,but then use the spices accordingly.
3-Addition of turmeric powder is optional,you can add it if you want .