Paneer Bhurji- Scrambled paneer cooked with tomato ,capsicum and few basic spices.
Paneer Bhurji is a very popular recipe of Punjabi Cuisine from North India. It is a delicious quick and easy recipe made with grated paneer/cottage cheese. Bhurji means scrambled so this is delicious scrambled cottage cheese stir fried with some veggies in it.
Paneer Bhurji can be served for breakfast with toast or for lunch and dinner with roti or parathas. You can use the leftover paneer bhurji to stuff in sandwiches and kathi rolls or make grilled sandwich with it. Both ways it taste just awesome.
Paneer Bhurji is the most simplest and easy recipe to make , even beginners can make it very perfectly. The ingredients required are very simple and easily available in every kitchen. I have added capsicum and peas in it but you can avoid it if not available even then it taste simply delicious.
For making Bhurji try using fresh and soft home made paneer , else use good quality ready malai paneer. The recipe is very simple . First saute green chili ,ginger and capsicum in oil . Then add chopped tomato and spices and stir fry till tomato get cooked . Then add paneer, butter and some grated cheese and mix every thing.
Your delicious bhurji will be ready in 15 minutes time. Addition of cheese and pav bhaji masala is optional but gives a very nice taste to the bhurji
You can add some water and 2 tbsp tomato ketchup after cooking the tomatoes to make it gravy style paneer bhurji.
You may like these Delicious recipes-
- Easy Pista Barfi
- Sweet and Sour Paneer
- Achari Paneer Tikka
- Paneer Pudina Kabab
- Moong Daal Kachori
- Kashmiri Dum Aloo
Subscribe to my youtube channel- Maayeka For interesting recipe videos
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
- 1/2 kg Cottage cheese / Paneer Grated
- 2 big Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 3 Green chili/hari mirch Finely chopped
- 1 medium Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tbsp Ginger / Adrak finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dried Fenugreek / Kasoori Methi
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1.5 tbsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/4 tsp Pav bhaji masala
- 2.5 tbsp Processed cheese Optional
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Butter, Unsalted / Makkhan
- 2 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add oil in it.
- Now add cumin seeds and when cumin start to crackle add cardamom and chopped ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Now add finely chopped green chilies, salt and stir ,then add chopped tomatoes and saute till it become slight soft.
- Then add the capsicum and green peas 1/4 cup (optional ) and cook with capsicum for a minute
- Now add crushed kasoori methi ,pav bhaji masala , chili powder,turmeric and coriander powder.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.now add butter in the mixture.
- Now add grated paneer in it and mix gently.
- Add 2 tbsp butter or malai and mix, can also add grated amul cheese and mix.
- Add finely chopped coriander and lemon juice and mix.
- Serve hot with any bread of your choice or stuff in sandwich or rolls.