Namkeen Daliya- Quick,easy and healthy breakfast made with broken wheat
Namkeen Daliya -Daliya/fada is made with unpolished broken wheat ,it is very healthy breakfast option from ancient time.there are so many recipes to make with broken wheat.
you can easily substitute it with modern healthy options like oats,quinoa ,burghal etc.It is very cheap and easily available in comparison to oats etc and also very easy to cook and easy to digest so a very good option to include in your daily diet.
You can make sweets, savory snacks, idli and many many more recipe and varieties with daliya.This Namkeen lemon daliya Upma is a very easy and quick recipe,you just need few spices and a healthy,filling and delicious breakfast is ready to serve,its also very good to carry in lunchboxes and for travelling.
I have also posted many daliya recipes in my blog as this is a regular in my kitchen.so try this easy and healthy and easy Namkeen Daliya in your kitchen.
Do try these Daliya Recipes-
You can check My video Recipe here and subscribe to my youtube channel-Maayeka
Namkeen Lemon Daliya
- 1/2 cup Broken wheat / Daliya
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1.5 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- Heat ghee or oil in a pressure cooker.Add cumin seeds,curry leaves and chopped green chilies.
- Add daliya and stir fry every thing till it become slightly white in colour and start giving a nice aroma.
- Now add turmeric,salt and 1.5 cup of water and mix
- Pressure cook on medium heat for 3 whistles or cook till done.Open when cool down completely.
- Add lemon juice and chopped fresh coriander.Serve hot.
Cooking time depends on the size and quality of daliya so cook accordingly,
@anonymous-no need to wash daliya before adding in oil
Are you supposed to wash daliya before adding to the oil?
Manjula Bharath says
Such an healthy way to start a day 🙂 looks very tempting 🙂
MonuTeena RecipesPassion says
wow loving this version
Linsy Patel says
looks delicious, love to try this soon for brunch
Deepa N says
Very healthy start of the day.
This is one of the most preferred breakfast in our house.
Nice click and very good recipe.
Veena Theagarajan says
Healthy and refreshing breakfast