Lauki Moong Daal Cheela- Healthy Yellow lentil and bottle gourd crepes
Lauki Moong Daal Cheela is a very healthy delicious and easy to make Recipe. You can have these cheela’s for breakfast,lunch or pack in lunchboxes. They remain soft and moist for a long time.
Moong Daal health benefits- There are so many lentils consumed on daily basis in India . Yellow Lentil/ Moong daal is considered very easy to digest and light on stomach. It is also low in calorie and a good source of protein, fiber and antioxidant. Moong daal is also considered as as a healing food if you are unwell. If any one is suffering from Indigestion, Diarrhea, Acidity,bloating, fever ,after any surgery moong daal can be given as a part of diet food.You can make daal,khichdi,pakora, cheela or roti with moong daal.
Lauki is again a very healthy vegetable. It is high in fiber and alkaline in nature thus light on stomach ,easy to digest and also reduces acidity. Its water content is cooling for the body so relax the body. Is also good for heart health and also helps to cure sleeping disorders. Drinking bottle gourd juice helps to reduce high blood pressure, helps in weight loss and urinary track infections. It also cures constipation and flatulence.
How To Make Lauki Moong Daal Cheela
This lauki moong daal cheela is very healthy and easy to digest. You can easily make this with the basic ingredients available at home. Just soak yellow moong daal for an hour minimum. Grind with some green chili and ginger. Now add grated bottle gourd and salt,asafoetida and little turmeric and mix well. Apply some oil or ghee on a tawa and make thin cheela . You can add equal quantity of grated bottle gourd in the batter or add little less as per your preference or availability. If you add less bottle gourd then the cheela will be crisp and more lauki make soft cheela like uttapaam. You can add chopped green chilies in the batter while mixing instead of grinding with moong daal.
You can also Try these Cheela Recipes-
Make batter of ground lentil and grated bottle gourd and add the spices. Now spread the batter on a medium hot greased tawa/ griddle. Sprinkle few chopped green chilies,chili flakes and chopped coriander .
Cook till it dries up on top and get a nice brown colour at the bottom. Now flip it gently and cook from other side too.
Flip again and apply some oil or ghee and roast from both the sides to get a nice golden colour. Remove from the griddle and serve hot
Subscribe to my youtube Channel- Maayeka for more such interesting recipes
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Lauki Moong Daal Cheela
- 1 cup Yellow Moong Daal
- 2 cup Bottle gourd/ Lauki Grated
- 3 Green Chilies
- 1 inch Ginger/ Adrak
- To Taste Salt
- Pinch Turmeric
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Cumin/ Jeera
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander/ Hara Dhaniya
- 3 tbsp Ghee or Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Chili Flakes
- Wash and soak yellow lentil/moong daal in enough water for an hour minimum.
- Drain the water and grind it with 2 chopped green chilies and ginger and make a thick and fine paste.
- Peel and grate bottle gourd and add in the ground daal ,add salt,asafoetida,cumin and turmeric, mix well.
- Grease a non stick or a cast iron heavy griddle/ tawa and spread the batter to make a thin cheela and cook on medium heat. sprinkle some chopped green chilies, chopped fresh coriander and chili flakes.press gently.
- Drizzle ghee or oil over the cheela and around the edges and when it dries on top and get a nice golden colour at the bottom ,flip it gently.
- Drizzle some ghee and oil and roast from the other side and cook it become nice golden and crisp.
- When done from both the sides then remove from the griddle and serve hot.
- Serve with mint chutney , tomato ketchup or any tangy dip of your choice.