Mushroom tikka / tandoori mushroom is a very delicious and easy recipe of grilled marinated mushrooms
Mushroom tikka is a quick and easy appetizer or snack which you can marinade ahead time and grill when you want to serve.
Tandoori Mushroom can also be grilled in a tandoor/ BBQ/ oven/ air fryer / pan fry or on the open gas flame, what ever way suits you. Tandoori khumb can be served with chutney as a appetizer or wrap in a tortilla or roti and make a mushroom wrap . It can also be served as a side dish with daal chawal or roti.
Mushrooms are incredibly healthy and contain too many nutrients needed for our body -vitamins, minerals and antioxidants , good source of Vitamin D, zinc. Mushrooms are on the list of superfoods which we should try to include it in our diet. They are low in calories, Helps to lower high blood pressure , good for heart health and diabetes.
Mushrooms are very easily available in most of the grocery stores. I have used button mushroom for making this Tikka, try to choose medium size fresh mushroom for making this recipe.
A simple yogurt based marinade is used to make these tandoori tikkas. You can use same marinade to make aloo, broccoli, cauliflower, paneer ,tofu tikkas.
Curd, roasted gram flour / Besan , ajwain, kasoor methi, chaat masala , kala namak and some mustard oil and few spices are mixed to make this tangy flavourful marinade.
After making the tandoori tikka sprinkle some chaat masala, coriander and lemon juice before serving to enhance the taste and to add some freshness. Mint chutney or any tangy dip like pineapple chutney, ketchup lemon slices are served along with this dish.
you might also like these recipes-
- kaddu ki khatti Methi Sabji
- Bedmi Poori
- Amla Chutney
- Easy Chocolate Fudge
- Masala Mathri
- Korean Vegetable Pancake
Mushroom Tikka Masala
- 250 gm Button Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Yogurt/Curd thick
- 1.5 tsp Ginger paste
- 1/3 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
- 4 tbsp Roasted gram flour/ besan
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- to taste salt
- 1 big Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch check notes
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1 tsp Dried Fenugreek / Kasoori Methi
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1 tbsp Chaat Masala
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 2 tbsp oil or butter
- Wash the mushroom very well in water then drain and wipe well.
- If there are few dark spots over the mushrooms then try to peel that portion to clean it.
- Trim the base slightly to remove the hard dry lower part of the stalk.
- Wash the bell pepper and chop into cubes, you can use green or red / yellow bell peppers as per your preference.
- Take a big wide bowl and add all the marinade ingredients except the gram flour and mix well
- Now add the mushrooms and capsicum slices and mix again to coat them well
- Cover with a lid and let them marinate for 1/2 hour to one hour.
- Preheat the oven for 250 degree and line the tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Now add the gram flour and mix the mushrooms to coat well. if the marinate become too watery then add some more gram flour so the marnate coat the mushrooms well.
- Arrange the mushroom's and bell peppers cubes in the skewers and arrange in the tray and bake for around 25-30 minutes or till it get a nice golden colour.
- Do turn the skewers after 15 minutes to get nice color from both the sides.
- You can sprinkle or brush some oil or butter on the mushroom while the are roasting.
- You can also grill them perfectly in a air fryer, bbq , tandoor , Nonstick pan or over gas stove flame
- When they become golden and get cooked perfectly remove from the oven or heat and sprinkle some lemon juice, chaat masala and chopped fresh coriander
- Serve hot with chutney or any dip of your choice.