Instant Amla aur Haldi Ka Achar / Sabji – A very healthy seasonal Instant pickle of grated amla and fresh turmeric
Instant Amla aur Haldi ka achar is very delicious , healthy and easy to make recipe. This can be served as a sabji or Pickle with paratha, roti or rice dishes. During winters we get very good quality and reasonably priced amla and fresh turmeric.
There are many ways to use amla and kachchi haldi, can make pickle, sabji, athela amla, sweet chutney , Murabba etc. We have to use both these Super foods during winters to get maximum health benefits. Amla is a powder house of nutrients and antioxidants .
It boost Immunity, Helps to regulate bowl movements, good for eye sight, skin, hairs and brain health. Strengthen the bones and is Iron Rich.
Fresh turmeric is also a super food, It can helps to fight Cancer, keep blood sugar levels steady, boost digestion and treat stomach Ulcers and irritations. Turmeric is packed with anti-Inflammatory and anti septic properties.
Turmeric is good for skin problems like acne and scars if applied externally. Helps to lower LDL Cholesterol. Helps to cure Arthritis and Alzheimer’s.
This amla and haldi ka achar recipe can be used as a Instant pickle and stored at room temperature for a week and for 2-3 months in the refrigerator. It can also be served as a stir fry/sabji with your meal. It is a very easy recipe with very minimum basic spices and ingredients.
You can make this Instant grated amla pickle/ sabji with any oil you usually use in your cooking, you can either use mustard oil, sesame oil or peanut oil to make this.
First of oil we have to grate the raw amla, you can use your vegetable chopper for making your work easier. Peel and grate or finely chop the fresh turmeric. You can also add some grated ginger in it. After That a simple tempering is made with some cumin and fennel seeds and then the grated turmeric is added in add and cover and cook till half done .
After that add the grated amla ,ginger and salt and cook till amla become soft. The add some red chili powder, coriander powder and little mango powder and sauté for 2 minute. Store in a glass jar and enjoy this super healthy and delicious amla and kachchi haldi pickle with your meals.
You can also try these winter special recipes-
Instant Amla and fresh Haldi Pickle
- 250 gm Amla
- 150 gm Fresh turmeric / Kachchi haldi
- 50 gm Ginger / Adrak optional
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/3 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- to taste salt
- 1.5 tbs Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder optional
- 2 tbs Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- Wash amla and fresh turmeric.
- Peel the turmeric and ginger and wash and wipe with a cloth.
- Now grate the amla , turmeric and ginger. ORYou can coarsely crush them using a vegetable chopper.
- Heat oil in a wide pan and then add the fennel and cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Now add asafoetida and the grated turmeric, mix and cover with a lid and cook on low heat till 3/4 done.
- Now add the grated amla , ginger (if using )salt and mix. Cover again with a lid and cook till amla become soft.(but don't over cook the amla else the pickle become like a paste )
- Now add the red chili powder, coriander powder, mango powder and mix. let it cook uncovered for a minute so the spices also get cooked.
- Switch off the heat and let the pickle cool down completely.
- It stay well for a week at room temperature and for 2-3 months in the refrigerator.
- If you want to store at room temperature for longer time then increase the amount of oil in it.
- Store in a glass jar and enjoy with your meals.