Green chilli pickle- An easy to make, spicy and tangy green chili and ginger pickle.
Difficulty level- easy
spice level- medium hot
cuisine- North Indian
- Fresh green chilies-250 gms
- Ginger slices-4 tbs (optional)
- Lemon juice-3/4 cup
- Refined oil-3/4 cup
- Crushed fennel seeds (saunf)- 2.5 tbsp
- Crushed mustard seeds- 1.5 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt-1.5 tbsp
- Wash and wipe green chilies well, then chop into roundels.
- Peel and make thin slices of the ginger.
- Put them in a glass bottle or jar and add salt, turmeric and mustard powder(rai) and keep covered for 4 hours.
- Then add lemon juice, oil and fennel seeds. Mix well.
- Let it mature for 2 -3 days and then start consuming. (You may start using it immediately after making it, but the taste gets enhanced after 2-3 days).
- Keep at room temperature for 1 week. Then keep refrigerated for 2-3 months (Keep mixing it every once a while).
- You can also add fresh turmeric (kachi haldi/or amba haldi) into it along with ginger.
1-Prefer to use milder green chilies/serrano peppers/Bhavnagri mirch, to make this pickle.
2- If you’d like to make Stuffed Green Chilies/Masala Mirch, then you’ll like this recipe-Masala Mirch/Bharli Mircha