Instant Green chili pickle in Lemon Juice- An easy to make, spicy and tangy green chili and ginger pickle.
Instant Green Chili Pickle in Lemon Juice- An Instant and very easy to make chili pickle Recipe. Its a zero oil pickle as lemon juice is used to preserve this Instant Pickle. You can make this pickle and store at room temperature for 4-5 days and for more then 3 month in the refrigerator. do keep stirring regularly.
This pickle goes well with every thing. You can serve this with paratha’s ,rice, mathri or as a side dish with your main course.
This is very good pickle to carry along while traveling as there will be no fear of oil spilling. Addition of little oil can increase the shelf life of this Lemon Chili Pickle.
Choose mildly spiced green chilies to makw this Green chili in Lemon juice pickle.
Do Try These Delicious Chili Pickle Recipes-
- Stuffed Green Chili Pickle
- Carrot and Chili Pickle
- Puli Milagai Pickle
- Stuffed Red Chili Pickle
- Raita Mircha/ Athela Mircha
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Instant Green Chili Pickle In Lemon Juice
- 250 gm Green Chilies/ Hari Mirch
- 4 tbsp Ginger Slices/ Adrak
- 3/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 2.5 tbsp Fennel Seeds/ Saunf crushed
- 1.5 tbsp Mustard Seeds/ Rai Ponuded
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric/ Haldi
- 1.5 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil optional
- Wash and wipe green chilies well, then chop into roundels. or make thin slices as per your choice
- Peel and make thin slices of the ginger.
- Put them in a glass bottle or jar and add salt, turmeric and mustard powder(rai) and keep covered for 4 hours.
- Then add lemon juice, oil and fennel seeds. Mix well.
- Let it mature for 2 -3 days and then start consuming. (You may start using it immediately after making it, but the taste gets enhanced after 2-3 days).
- Keep at room temperature for 1 week. Then keep refrigerated for 2-3 months (Keep mixing OR shaking the bottle every once a while).
- you can also add fresh turmeric slices (kachi haldi/or amba haldi) into it along with ginger.