Chana dal fry -Split bengal gram cooked in tomato sauce and Indian spices.
Chana daal is a very healthy and delicious lentil preparation. It is quite easy to make and goes well with rice, poori and roti’s. The chana daal should be soaked before cooking so it will not take much time and cook fast.
You can pressure the soaked daal or cook it in a pan. The cooked daal is added in a tomato gravy and few basic spices are added in the daal. Then the daal is simmered for some time so it will absorb the flavours. Lemon juice or some tamarind juice is added in the ready daal for sourness.
Do try these Delicious Daal recipes-
Chana Daal Fry (Bengal Gram Fry)
- 1 cup Bengal gram /chana daal
- 1 tbsp Yellow Moong Daal
- 1 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 2 tsp Tamarind / Imli pulp
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 3 Whole red chilies
- Wash and soak both daal for 15 minutes
- Pressure cook with turmeric and 1.5 cup water for 3 whistles or till cooked well
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin, whole chillies and asafoetida, then add chopped green chillies and tomatoes.
- Add salt and cover and cook till soft.
- Now add chilli powder, boiled daal, ginger, tamarind paste and 1 cup of water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then add garam masala and fresh coriander.
- Serve hot.