Chana dal fry -Split bengal gram cooked in tomato sauce and Indian spices.
Chana daal is a very healthy and delicious lentil preparation. It is quite easy to make and goes well with rice, poori and roti’s. The chana daal should be soaked before cooking so it will not take much time and cook fast.
You can pressure the soaked daal or cook it in a pan. The cooked daal is added in a tomato gravy and few basic spices are added in the daal. Then the daal is simmered for some time so it will absorb the flavours. Lemon juice or some tamarind juice is added in the ready daal for sourness.
Do try these Delicious Daal recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayek
Chana Daal Fry (Bengal Gram Fry)
Chana dal fry - Split bengal gram cooked in tomato sauce and Indian spices.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup Bengal gram /chana daal
- 1 tbsp Yellow Moong Daal
- 1 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 2 tsp Tamarind / Imli pulp
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 3 Whole red chilies
- Wash and soak both daal for 15 minutes
- Pressure cook with turmeric and 1.5 cup water for 3 whistles or till cooked well
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin, whole chillies and asafoetida, then add chopped green chillies and tomatoes.
- Add salt and cover and cook till soft.
- Now add chilli powder, boiled daal, ginger, tamarind paste and 1 cup of water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then add garam masala and fresh coriander.
- Serve hot.
Serving suggestions-serve with, pakwan, poori, paratha or as a side dish. This is also served with Sindhi dish-daal pakwan
Sobha Shyam says
yummy platter..chana dal fry looks delicious 🙂
Vimitha Anand says
My type of comfort food… Looks nice
That plate looks so good! As does the dal!
yummy flavors…looks wonderful..;)
wow…u done this perfectly. n the pics r very clean n cool.iam sure u n ur family enjoyed allot…
Beautiful platter & so tempting!!
Dal looks awesome and the lunch spread, can I stop by your place, looks so inviting..
Kalpana Sareesh says
Yummy dhal and tempting meal..
wow dal looks so yummy. it looks like the dal my mom used to make
for dal pakwan we made this dal at times. and i liked ur presentation. it looks so tempting and inviting
Dal fry looks great. nice recipe
yummy daal fry….awesome recipe…