Coconut Mint Chutney – Delicious coconut ,yogurt chutney to serve along with Idli and Dosa
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Coconut Mint Chutney
- 2 cup Fresh Coconut, Grated
- 1/4 tbsp Roasted chana daal
- 1/3 cup Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina
- 3/4 cup Yoghurt-3/4 cup
- 2 Green chilies/Hari Mirch chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1.5 tsp Refined oil-1 tsp
- 3/4 tsp Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp White lentil/urad daal
- 8 Curry leaves-6
- 2 Whole red chili-2
- Pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- In a mixer jar add freshly grated coconut,roasted chana daal, washed and chopped mint ,green chilies,ginger and 4 tbsp of water and grind to make a paste.
- Take out this mixture in a bowl and add salt and beaten yoghurt.
- Heat oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds and white lentils.
- When seeds start crackling, add asafoetida,curry leaves and whole red chilies.
- Pour this over the chutney mixture and mix well.
- keep refrigerated ,easily stays fresh for 2-3 weeks
- Serving suggestions-serve with idli,dosa,fritters,vada ,rice or use as a spread for sandwich and wraps.
1-Add 3 whole red chilies and lemon size tamarind instead of green chilies and yoghurt to make a slightly red colour chutney.
2-Add 1 slightly sauted tomato while grinding and use tamarind instead of yoghurt.
3-Use mint leaves instead of coriander leaves .
4- * If roasted chana daal is not available then use cashews instead,chana daal is added just to make the chutney smooth ,thick and creamy.